cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing ECC 6 EHP 7 IDES on SQL Server

0 Kudos

We are trying to install ECC 6 EHP 7 IDES on SQL Server Windows 2012.  We are following 1244548 - IDES ERP 6.0 ECC 6.0 SR3.  No errors occur when providing the parameters but so far 20 out of 165 load jobs have failed.  I have attached to import_monitor.log.

You help is appreciated.

Regards,

Josie Spencer

BASIS Team Lead

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Josie,

The Note you referenced specifically states that IDES 6.0 SR3 cannot be installed on a version of SQL Server higher than 2005, and SQL 2005 isn't, I think, supported on Windows 2012 (I'd have to double-check that). However, you also said you're not installing SR3 but EhP7, so this restriction probably doesn't apply. SS's referenced Note is more applicable.

That said, this probably isn't the issue. The import monitor log you attached doesn't detail the problem, it just mentions which packages failed. However, it does state to refer to other detailed logs for each of the failed packages, so I would find one of those (they probably all have the same cause in them, so any one should do) and have a look through for any further clues you can find. For instance, the first package error you have is:

ERROR: 2015-05-27 15:52:25 com.sap.inst.migmon.LoadTask run

Loading of 'ENHOBJCONTRACT' import package is interrupted with R3load error.

Process 'E:\usr\sap\XX1\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\R3load.exe -i ENHOBJCONTRACT.cmd -dbcodepage 4103 -k 1G5fdEM50DwIrBzjt6TE5Pae -l ENHOBJCONTRACT.log -loadprocedure fast' exited with return code 2.

For mode details see 'ENHOBJCONTRACT.log' file.

So find the ENHOBJCONTRACT.log file and have a look through it.

Also, you might check to see if you need to substitute a more recent version of r3load than is supplied with the installation media. Are you using the absolute latest version of SWPM?

Cheers,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jo,

Post SAPSSEXC_21.log and SAPSSEXC_19.log files.

we can analyze the issue using them.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you performing New installation or System copy of Ides?

1. Just do the full system restart and then try again in the same phase.

2. Could you refer the SAP Note for ERP 6 EHP 7 2012989 - IDES ERP 6.0 incl. EHP7

BR

SS