cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bursting and Publication in BI 4.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, can someone please tell me if I can use BI 4.1 Bursting/Publication for the following scenario?  I have a WEBI report containing multiple plants.  What I need is to send the output of this report to appropriate folder locations on BI Launch Pad based on the requestor/submitter roles.  For example, when user A runs this report, it should bring back data authorized for user A and be stored in folder A, and so on.       Thank you!  Ali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member207052
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Default enterprise location is nothing but the same location where your actual report is located. Once the instance is generated (data is restricted based on the person who schedules the report), anyone who has access to the report instance can see ALL data in the report and the roles/restrictions are not respected.

So options?

1. choosing "BI Inbox" as a destination and the users will receive the instance in their favorites area depending on how you have personalized the data.
  2. use email destination - send PDFs
  3. Why not try Lumira? The end user can define when they want to refresh the data. Scheduling Data Set Refreshes (Video) : SAP Lumira

Coming to your second point, there is no "out of the box" solution to save the instance of the report in various "public" folders. You may need to rely on BO SDK for these types of requirement.

joseph_lara
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yeah, that should be possible. You'll want to create Profiles for each group. I'm thinking save to "Default Enterprise Location" may be the option you'll want to set up as the destination of the publication.

Resource (pg 128):

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sbo41/en/sbo41sp5_bip_user_en.pdf