cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Olap Connection Transported up

Former Member
0 Kudos

While moving a Dashboard up to QA from Dev the BW Dev Olap connection overwritten the BW QA Olap Connection in BOBJ QA that had same name. No worries I thought as I changed the Olap connection to point back to QA. I tested it through the Olap connection to confirm I can connect. I then restarted all Dashboard servers. All dashboards that use this connection are somehow still looking for Dev. In Dashboard trace logs I see this.

com.businessobjects.mds.olap.OlapException: Could not find a username alias for SystemId:<Dev SID>.

I deleted this Olap connection and set back up pointing to QA. Restarted SIA completly and still dashboards looking for Dev. All webis that use this connection are fine and connecting to QA look should. Need advice.... Why dashboards still looking for old connection that in CMC isnt there.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your BW & BO version ?

What is the path you have chosen to design the dashboard, assuming you have done by

Bex --(BICS)--> WebI --(Live Office)--> Dashboard ?

How did you transported the dashboard from development to QA ? using Promotion management ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Version is 4.1 sp2 p7 in all systems. We transported a single dashboard using promotion management. The connection changed then in QA to one from Dev. I ended up deleting connection and recreating QA connection. After further looking into issue all dashboards that use that connection now give the below when trying to refresh queries or preview. Same ID every dashboard mentions so I assume it is the old connection they are all still looking for. Why would they all still be looking for old connection? Also, I can't refresh any of the queries in them now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

pushkar_dhale
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Can you explain more? How you are using connections in dashboard.

e.g.  Qaaws or using query browser or anything else.

If you are using Qaaws connection make sure that your web service is not broken in manage BI services. If this is the case then you need to create it one more time and again map in dashboard.

Best Regards,

Pushkar Dhale

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pushkar. Appreciate the replies.

We are only using BEx queries using Olap connection. If an Olap connection changes (still has same name though) must every query used in dashboard based on that connection then be recreated? There is no repointing?

Thanks!

pushkar_dhale
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Even though you delete connection and create it with same name but it's technical object ID gets changed. So think it is better to remap and test.

Best Regards,

Pushkar Dhale