Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation on Document Currency for Finance Documents

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have process to maintain the order currency on LFM1-WAERS. This is maintained for different vendors with different currencies.

We are expecting when posting a document the document for that vendor, the system should check, whether the document currency (BSEG-PSWSL) entered on the document is matching with the currency on the vendor master data (LFM1-WAERS).

We tried to use the user exit in the validation, however, BELNR is not yet created, therefore, the validation is not getting triggered. However, we need this validation before BELNR (document number) is created.

Please let me know if there is a way to achieve this.

Any specific points would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ricardo_bellashermida
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You could use the BTE funcionality to do this. In BTE number 1120 you have the posting document just before to post it, and change it.

Regards,

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Ricardo, we will try with this BTE and update you further.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Ricardo,

We looked into BTE 1120, but this is for Recurring documents, looks this may not serve our purpose. We are also exploring into other BTEs.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

vivek_srivastava12
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

May I know why you are referring to BSEG-PSWSL why not BKPF-WAERS?

If you put validation at line item level system will trigger validation as per the pre-requisite. At this point except BELNR all information is populated in BSEG Table.

Can you let me know what are the pre-requisite you are maintaining for validation.

br,Vivek

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vivek,

We tried to write an user exit on BKPF-WAERS.

Our user exit goes to LFM1-WAERS and then come to BSEG and find the vendor in Posting Key 31 line and then check the BKPF-WAERS. However, the system fails to find the vendor on posting key line 31, at the time of posting the vendor number is not yet filled in BSEG table.

Our validation is:

BKPF-WAERS is not equal to blank

then read the user exit,

if the check fails give the error message.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

vivek_srivastava12
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

I created a similar validation in my system for Document line item level

I can see vendor number (BSEG-LIFNR) is populated for posting key 31 even before going on the second line.

I am sure but wanted to check are you putting validation at line item level or document header level?

Br,Vivek

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I tried at Document Header Level and Line Item Level both. I will need to recheck, thanks for the confirmation.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Vivek,

Please let me know, what user exit code / validation you have written to achieve this.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, it's not clear what the probleme with validation. It's triggered before document is posted,