cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear experts what settings need to be changed to post stocks directly to unrestricted

yadagiri
Participant
0 Kudos

In our business we recived a material and was tested using qe51N and released with QA11.so now that the subsequent deliveries
from vendor should not go in to quality and directly it should go in to unrestricted.

I see that in Material master QM view, Inspection setup that

post to inspection stock is unchecked and still the stocks are posted to quality.

Dear experts what settings need to be changed to post stocks directly to unrestricted

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think people have lost sight of the original business requirement.

Is the requirement simply to manually turn off quality inspection for one material?  Becasue that is what most of the previous respondents are describing here.

Or is the requirement to have a business process whereby new materials are routinely setup so that the first receipt of the material is inspected, and all future receipts go to unrestricted inventory.  And is there any yearly reinspection required?

Maybe Glass can clarify this a bit more?

Craig

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Did you check the update controls of goods movement in QM settings? Hope this may help you.

Regards,

Pardhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yadagiri,

Summarizing the requirement as below(as per my understanding):

When received from Vendor for a particular material,Stock should directly go to unrestricted use instead of Quality Inspection Stock

But the above requirement raises below open questions:

1.Does the Inspection lot need to be created for this scenario for this particular material?

If the answer is yes,then activate 01 in the material master and un-check the "post to Inspection Stock" Indicator in the Inspection Setup for 01 Inspection Type as shown below.Hence the Stock will posted to Unrestricted use when doing GR

If the answer is "No" i.e., there is no need of an Inspection lot to be created,then deactivate the Inspection Type 01 in the Material Master

2.Does this requirement particular for a particular Material and Vendor?

If Yes,then using of Dynamic Modification Rule with Skip will work for this.

3.If the Requirement is irrelevant of the Material(Inspection Type) and vendor, i.e., no need of Inspection Lots created for the Goods Receipt from Vendor ,then check the "QM Not active" for the movement Type 101 and with Movement Indicator "B-Purchase Order" in SPRO path Quality Management->Quality Inspection->Inspection Lot Creation->Inspection for Goods Movements->Deactivate Quality Inspection for a Movement Type

Please let me know if this answered your question

Regards

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with Craig.

This is my assumption from his req:

First time vendor-material needs quality Inspection just to verify the incoming quality after this no further inspection is required.

proposed solution: You may need to use dynamic modification rule and Skip

1. QM View Inspection type settings ---tick Skips allowed

2. Created DMR (at lot creation) ---- Stage 1 ---Normal Inspection ---(Initial)

If OK-1- Stage 2 ; If Rejected-1-stage1

Stage2---Reduced inspection ---(Skip)

OK: No of Inspections-10, Max skip duration: 30 days, new insp stage-2

NOT OK: Rejections: 1, New Insp stage: 1

3. Create Inspection plan (Inspection lot level) and assign DMR in header and provide vendor material

4. system creates Inspection lot as normal for the first time and then after that further lots status will be SKIP and stock will be directly going to unrestricted.

5. You can use QA16 to do UD for Skip lots collectively or u can set background job.

experts pls correct me If I am wrong.

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yadagiri,

You can deactivate the inspection type from material master, if you do not want the GR inspection (Deactivate 01 inspection type). Otherwise, change the po order settings as suggested by gopinath.

Thanks

Prem

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To make the quantity to go directly to unrestricted, all you need to do is set the indicator off for 'Post to insp stock' for the relevant inspection type. Seems you have already done that but still you get the quantity into QI.

Please share the inspection set up screen. Do you have any other inspection type active for the same material? I doubt you might haven't checked the indicator for the inspection type 01 but for some other.

Apart from that,

• You can still keep inspection type active without taking quantity into QI, there is no need to deactivate the inspection type if you don't want to manage stock into QI.
  • Also, you can get the stock into QI even without activating any inspection type by maintaining stock type at other places.

There are different settings for that and that's an different analogy.

ntn

yadagiri
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nithin,

Please see the image inspection setup.
the see the other material which has inspection type 1 and working fine.

please suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yadagiri,

You should check your default settings in the MIGO screen if you have changed the stock type in material master. Probably you initially created the PO but later deactivated the inspection type. This would make the default stock type as quality stock when you do the good receipt.

Venkatesh and Nitin has suggested you correctly and you need to look after both the aspects. If 'post to inspection' tab is unchecked, you should check the stock type in MIGO screen as additional check.

Gopinath_Ram
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Yadagiri,

Check the stock type in Purchasing document/Scheduling agreement.

Regards

Gopinath R

former_member185450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Yadagiri,

Based on material master --> Quality management  settings system will post the stock directly to unrestricted stock i.e. QM Procurement, Control key, Certification,Inspection types from inspection set up all these fields should be removed from material master

please try with the above settings and update the status

Regards,

Venkatesh..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Uncheck for the 01 Inspection Type in Material Master inspection Setup and deactivate the Post to Inspection stock Indicator for this.

This would not post the stock to Quality.

Regards

Mohan

yadagiri
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Chandrasekaran,

we have maintained the following parameters in the material master

we have unchecked the QM Procurement key active and not maintained QM Control Key,Certificate type and inspection type in inspection setup is checked to 1 and post to inspection stock is unchecked.

can you please suggest me that unchecking the inspection type in inspection setup will solve my issue or any thing to be changed.

yadagiri
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh,

we have maintained the following parameters in the material master

we have unchecked the QM Procurement key active and not maintained QM Control Key,Certificate type and inspection type in inspection setup is checked to 1 and post to inspection stock is unchecked.

can you please suggest me that unchecking the inspection type in inspection setup will solve my issue or any thing to be changed.

former_member185450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Yadagiri,

Please delete that inspection type 01 from the inspection setup

sure system will post the stock directly to unrestricted only

after making the master data change then create the PO

select the inspection type and click on delete

Quality management view should be like this

after maintain these settings create a PO then do the GRN stock will directly posted to unrestricted only

if the PO already created means you can be able to change the quality to unrestricted in the MIGO screen

Regards,

Venkatesh..