cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replicate BSEG to HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Few questions on BSEG replication from SAP ECC to HANA.

1. do we need to follow the same process to replicate cluster table BSEG like any other transparent tables using SLT.

2. Does parallel load ( Multiple calculation Jobs) works for BSEG and same process where tobias mentioned ( ).

3. Do we need to load RFBLG first to load BSEG or can we load BSEG indiviaually.

4. Counting the number of entries for BSEG is erroing out ( have used SE16, DB05 and DB20 ) . No luck. They are dumping either with memory or timeout.

I have added BSEG to replicate and intial load is going on. I dont see any calculation jobs in SLT neither TSQ.

Mahesh Shetty

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

1. The reading type will be different for BSEG. Please use reading type 5 (INDX Cluster with Full Table Scan)

2. Parallel load definitely works for cluster tables using SLT. It will run in single processing mode for initial few hours and would then get set to parallel processing.

3. You don't have to load RFLBG. You can start with BSEG load separately.

4. Counting is an issue I agree. We had created a custom ABAP program and executed it in the background to get the total number of entries based on year filter.

Regards,

Saritha K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Greg and Saritha

I am going to try these methods and update you when I am done.

Mahesh Shetty

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Happy that all is working well. One point to mention about loading BSEG and large data volumes as we had a case where BSEG had close to 5 billion records which was not realistic to load. You state that you did a count per fiscal year...did you load the whole table or did you use Fiscal year as a filter?

If using fiscal year as a filter, be aware of open items as these can have a fiscal year stamp lower than your filter, but will still be relevant for reporting...so be careful what you filter on with BSEG.

Cheers

Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a very weird issue that i have not faced earlier -

Replication from ECC( on db2) to HANA , BSEG and KONV loads successfully , however , its status remains in "load executed" ( initial load running in LTR). The status doesnt get switched to "replication"

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Jayesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jayesh

Go to LTRC --> Data Provisioning --> Enter the Table name and then select Start Replication. This will start the real time replication for the tables.

Mahesh Shetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

The program finished last night and ran for almost 56 hours.  I checked the spool and see it has 190M records. We may need to fine tune the program or run multiple jobs with Fiscal year as mentioned by Saritha.

I can see 189M already loaded to HANA and another million to go. I think I am fine. I will try to use the parallel load setting next time and see how long it takes to load 190M

Thanks Saritha/Greg for your help

Mahesh Shetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

i have an issue here.

Currently , JEST and CKMI1 tables replication is going on, each table has 400M records,  its so huge.

CKMI1 is running with multiple processes.  JEST is using one DIA processes in ECC.

i can see in  LTRC , CKMI1 table is using  "parallel processing" mode, JEST has "single processsing mode".

how to change JEST table to use "parallel processing".

Former Member
0 Kudos

how to tell the system to use more number of DIA processes for given table . SO the load will go fast.\

Bascially , i am unloading 552 tables. 30 are big tables.

How can i make sure 30 tables to use more number of processes to replicate data fast on HANA?

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please open a new thread for this.

Regards,

Saritha K

Former Member
0 Kudos

sure..I will do now with the below description.

I am  in the middle of the replication , JEST table is using one single  . How to change it  to parallel processing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saritha/Greg

I started the BSEG after our system refresh and it is now replicating successfully. one of my Developer ran a custom program to count no of records per year for BSEG and then consolidate the results. Its been running for two days now and lets see how much time it will take.

Saritha -- Small correction for reading type for Cluster tables. Its option 4 INDX Cluster ( Import from DB ) for BSEG not the option 5 ( only for transparent table ).

I have added the table to Replication without parallel load option. Can I suspend replication and define parallel load. I have DMIS 2011_1_731 SPS08.

Mahesh Shetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

two days for how many records in total? what is your expected daily volume after the initial load? you may want to start thinking about ageing your records and what ends up in the hot vs cold partitions.

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Yes you are correct, its reading type 4 Sorry for that.

I too agree with the custom abap program taking too much time. We too had it running for more than couple of days. That's why we ran multiple copies of the program with different year parameters for each run. So they too had got completed in a day or two.

I have never been able to complete BSEG with single processing method. So am not sure whether it would work or not by changing it in the middle to parallel processing.

But by setting to reading type 4, it has always been completed successfully and that too quickly. In our case we were able to load 176779953 records into HANA in approx. 9 hrs. We had kept performance optimized setting in our LTR configuration screen and we had suspended other tables for the time being as we had to load BSEG on priority.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Saritha K

Former Member
0 Kudos

since this is the most important table of all i don't expect an easy way to replicate it. also, you may need to join BKPF (and it won't work in traditional SAPGUI), and compare to FAGLFLEXA and eventually ACDOCA to get monthy reporting on it.

again, it's very difficult to toggle between those tables as migration is irreversible. to get the count you need to filter on Year, Company Code, and Document Number to 'reassemble' and confirm your balances.

good luck and let me know what you find out.