cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start with Concur Travel solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I believe, Most of you has worked on concur cloud travel solution. Can you please guide me how to start working on this from scratch .

What are the prerequisite to built the concur system?

how it is integrated with SAP what are the middle ware and interface being used?

How to start the configuration in concur?

Please include other details which I missed.

Thanks

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Concur is a SaaS solution, so not really any technical prerequisites other than a web browser and an internet connection.

And a license / subscription, of course.

The "easy" customer facing configuration is pretty intuitive and you'll be guided through it during implementation.

Further changes for larger customers are only done by Concur themselves.

There isn't much you as a customer or a "service partner" (which doesn't exist yet in the sense we know it from SAP) do on the technical side. It's really still pure bred SaaS.

You'll find some info on the Concur website. If you like,what you ser, the next step really is get in touch with Concur and ask for an exploration meeting and a demo (visiting another customet, who are using it, wouldn't be a bad idea either).

Hope this helps

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

Thanks for the quick response. Now it is clear concur works on SaaS concept.

Can you please let me know is SAP is required for configuring the concur?

If yes than what are the middle ware is being used as bridge between SAP and concur.

and licensing cost incurred on user basis?

Thanks

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

there are no SAP standard interfaces from and to Concur available yet.

Availability Roadmap from SAP says until end of 2016. (Draft version - subject to change)

For the integration to SAP ERP for sure SAP knowledge is needed.

As far as I know there is no specific middle ware to use.

(Boomi from Dell can be used to integrate financial posting to SAP ERP and some other objects)

Licensing module from Concur should work on created trips in the system (I guess)

Best regards, Sigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Subscription fee is based on "Claims" submitted. That can be a trip, but we create one claim per employee and month to keep fees low (perfectly legal - confirmed by Concur), as on average each of our team would have 8 trips per month on average. Interestingly, travel is also billed by no of claims in expenses. But I guess that doesn't mean Travel is free, if you don't use travel. Apps like Expenseit and Tripit Pro have extra fees.

The interface from Concur into SAP FI (Dell Boomi on Concur side, IDOCs on the SAP end) has been labled

as a "standard" solution by Concur since before the acquisition, but the hint is in "solution" - not "product", so takes some work.

Allegedly there are interface solutions for HR master data available, but I've only used file upload in the past.

I agree with Sigi that the real integration is still to come. Looking forward to it 🙂

Cheers

Sven

Answers (0)