VAS - Kit to Stock - without BOM in EWM
I am trying to create a VAS KTS without BOM & start in EWM. I do this using /scwm/vas_kts and mention components & quantity manually.
Kit Header (no BOM) : ZZ-KIT-HDR
Manual component: ZZ-KIT-COMP
Now, I have packspec like below structure of levels:
> Content: ZZ-KIT-HDR
> Level 1: Level Type = any Non KIT level
a) Step 1: Apply label (Element type LABL, HU relevance = ' ' not-relevant for HU)
b) Step 2: Pack in small box ZZ-SMALL-BOX (Element type PACK, HU relevance = 1 Main Packaging Material)
> Level 2: Level Type = KITS (KITS relevant)
- No element group, just some text for kitting. Also maintained External Step correctly
> Level 3: Level Type = MAIN, HU creation = yes
- Pack 5 in big box ZZ-BIG-BOX (Element type PACK, HU relevance = 1 Main Packaging Material)
Now, I can create VAS KTS without BOM successfully.
However when I open the vas order, I get a runtime error OBJECTS_OBJREF_NOT_ASSIGNED. This happens every time when I have any PACK type material in level before KITS level. That is, if I change level 1 and set ZZ-SMALL-BOX as Auxiliary Pack material in element group, it works fine.
If I use the packspec structure as above: Activites in VAS order are shown as (in sequence):
1) ZZ-SMALL-BOX 1 ea (Item = ZZ-KIT-COMP, Aux Product ZZ-SMALL-BOX)
2) ZZ-SMALL-BOX 1 ea (Item = ZZ-SMALL-BOX, no Aux, KITTING activity)
3) ZZ-BIG-BOX 1 ea (Item = ZZ-SMALL-BOX, Aux = ZZ-BIG-BOX)
My question is:
A) Is the above packspec structure correct? If no, why can't we have MAIN packaging material before KITS level? Any reason behind this?
B) The activities described above also seem incorrect, is this right? Shouldn't main ZZ-KIT-HDR should be listed on sequence 2 (kitting)?
Any help or pointers here will be greatly appreciated.