cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Projection does not populate in Hana Live Content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we have HANA Live Content running in our Company premises and  were trying to Activate calculation View NewGLFinanacialStatementPlanActVarQuery for Finance  .

the NewGLFinanacialStatementPlanActVarQuery consist of few projection and data is projected to this Query from another calculation view which is NewGLFinanacialStatementPlanActualVariance via Projection tool. we have activated all the depended calculation views for the Query and data can be previewed in NewGLFinanacialStatementPlanActualVariance view.

the Bottom layer of the NewGLFinanacialStatementPlanActVarQuery (as depicted in the image)  has a projection (Projection_25) which projected the data from NewGLFinanacialStatementPlanActualVariance . but when we try to view the data in projection view (Projection_25) it's getting zero records, but when execute the NewGLFinanacialStatementPlanActualVariance .we can see the data.

This is happened only for the HANA Live Content Queries .

for further clarification, we can view the date in the Details Pane (Depicted with Number 1), but in Number 2, that is projection_25, we cant not view the data.  any idea on this 

Thanks

Mirana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am also having the same issue any solutions you got from SAP??

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshigan,

week ago i sent an OSS note to SAP, but they have not yet replied. 

will update you once i receive a reply

Tanks

Mirana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mirana,

Yes, sometimes SAP is taking more than a week to send a reply. make your OSS note as High and send it to SAP.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshigan,

Thanks, already made it to High and sent

Thanks

Mirana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mirana,

I am facing the same issue , Could you please share the response from SAP for the OSS note raised?

Strangest part for me is , I am able to preview data in 'table' or 'calcualtion view' when viewed separately by just clicking the view name or table inside the projection and data preview . But when I select the whole projection node , with that specific single table or specific single view, I cannot see any data.

HANA live views ( couldnt check all , couple of views which I checked) are behaving as expected but the issue I am facing is with native hana developement objects

As a work arround to get the tables data flowing in projection - I am creating Analytic view for each and every single table with any measures on it and then adding it to projection of calcualtion view rather than adding it as direct table to projection. - Hope this helps some one facing issue like me.

Regards,

Sindhoora Leburi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sindhoor,

unfortunately, i did not get any proper response from the SAP.

Anyway for the  HANA Models which was created by you, you can change the Session Client to Cross Client in Semantic Layer. by doing so, hope, you can see  the Data in your views.

Thanks

Mirana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mirana ,

Thank you that worked !!

Regards,

Sindhoora Leburi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sindhoor,

don't forget to mark it as correct answer

Thanks

Mirana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mirana,

I wish I could do that but I dont have that option visible for me. I think the person who has raised the query , can only award that 'Correct answer' to other's replies as well as their own replies on that query.

Regards,

Sindhoora Leburi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sindhoor,

yes, that's true. i am the one who create this.  i thought, others also have the marking option visibled.

Thanks

Mirana

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

anyone who can help on this?

Thanks

Mirana

Somesh_Dwivedi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI Mirana,

I think this would require deeper analysis.

Can you please raise a CSS message on this?

Thanks,

Somesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somesh,

Thank you very much For the Reply.

Yes, i have already sent the OSS note to SAP and waiting for their Reply. Other funniest think is that Optional Input parameters act as Mandatory Input Parameter. It indicates that input is not a Mandatory, but in order to run the report it requires input values to be entered into optional input parameters.

i spent more than a week in order to identify the issue. but no Luck

Again Thanks For the Reply

Thanks

Mirana