cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initialization of data source

Former Member
0 Kudos

I must initialize the 0FC_BP_ITEMS.  The problem is that according to the number of entries from the SE16 for table DFKKOP, it will be over 83 million records.  I estimate it will take about 11 days.  Is there a way to break the process into 5 day maximum?  Can we establish a date stamp for the process?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bruce,

Seems like you need to load existed data. mean full load.

So better to load full load with selections  where there is no burden(weekends) on bw server.

During extraction keep on eye on SM58 and SM50.

in deltas, if you want load certain data only then you can do the multiple inits with multiple selections(which are not to overwrite with other selections) without data transfer and set delta pointer.

From PSA to targets connected delta dtp will load all requests.

You can do init in any way.

Method 1:

init with data - use proper selections(multiple info packs) to speed up the load.

Method 2:

Run multiple full load info packs with proper selections. later you can run inits(needed, use proper selections) with out data transfer.

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your replies.  They were very helpful.  The date selection unfortunately for my situation is not possible becasue we did a conversion in Nov 2014 and over 80% of the data is there.  We will try another selector.  Thanks again.

former_member976
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

can you load the data based on the calyear- it will load year wise.

prepare the plan and load it into BW system.

Thanks,

Phani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not familiar with the initialization process.  How/where do I set the calyear or a selection to limit the records per run?  I seethe slections field in the header but can we limit that in an initialization?  I thought initialization must be all (initialization with Data transfer) or nothing (Initialization without data Transfer).

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can initialize with selections... in your case, just do multiple inits with various selections (make sure that everything is included though)

afterwards the (1) delta load will combine all init selections

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create multiple selections for the Year filed in the Info Package and load as Full in Parallel. For the Most recent data try to load as INIT. This will reduce the efforts.

Hope this helps your answer.

Thanks and Regards,

Mahesh