cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local printing issues after SAP Gui 7.40 rollout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

could you please help me with this issue?
We've rolled out SAP Gui 7.40 and experience some issues regarding the output managent.

PDF printer device types do not work anymore as well as all LOCAL printer devices.

The usual way would be:

- User chooses LOCL as printer device

- LOCL forwards the spool file to the local device (laptop / computer)

- Spool file is printed by the default printer of the system

But after our users installed the new SAP Gui version all the local printer device types didn't work any longer.

Do you have some information on this?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jie
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Nicolai,

Access method F doesn't work anymore for SAPGUI 7.40.Pls change the access method to G
and test again.Pls refer to the note 821519 for more detail information

Best Regards

Jie Bai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I just changed that for testing reasons. In other systems or for other printers it's still set to G.

jie
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolai,

Do you mean that you are still getting the issue if you use the device type G?
If yes,Do you get the windows printer dialog after you clicking the print button?

If this dialog also didn't popup,pls check if you had created any spool request in SP01 when clicked
the print button.

If the dialog popped up,but no output from the printer,you should follow the KBA 1780896 to take
the log file and if any attach the error details.

Best Regards

Jie Bai

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Perhaps a screenshot of the first two tabs from your LOCAL/LOCL printer would be a good starting point, so we know what printing method you are using and how its mapped?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here you are

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On one of my systems I have __default as __DEFAULT also without that checkbox checked your users should be getting a Windows prompt of printers installed on their system, is this pop up not happening?

Have you also tried changing the trace settings on SAP GUI to see if anything shows up there?