cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opentext ECM or Netweaver Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am not sure if this is the right forum, but the question is related to content management. I hope to get an answer. My business requirement is to on-board vendors using SAP portal as the front end. The intention is the capture information into database (portal DB) and store documents (content server). This is followed by simply workflow between three roles. Vendor, Legal and Admin. Once they are on-boarded a vendor master is created in SAP. There must be a facility to report on data and document stored. In simple this is the only requirement. Now, I feel the way this can be handled is manage most of the things using portal and do not require full blown Opentext ECM.

The way I intend to do is to have users maintained in the portal and all the attributes (metadata) is sent to portal db. All the documents uploaded will be stored in the content server ( this necessarily does not need to be opentext) with each document stored with its name& date and time. This way every new version uploaded will be stored in the server. For the workflow, I intend to use SAP Workflow and call it portal when required. Use content server just like a file server but with capability for free text search.

The next thing is to provide search facility. Now if attributes are searched, the data is retrieved from the database with a link to the related documents. They can then open the documents by clicking on the link. This would be easier. But I do not know if I can have the reverse, where I want to have free text search and retrieve all the documents containing text without or without the database items.

I feel just for this requirement we do not need to have opentext though this is managed in it out of the box.

Am I even thinking in the right direction or am I messing up. Please help.

Regards

Yorker

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anyone,

Do you have any suggestion please?

Regards

Yorker

former_member191252
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi 123 Yorker,

I assume that for your solution you may need Cprojects Suits, but still i will do some R&D and will get back to you soon.

I think Cproject Suits including cfolder can help you.

--