Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple Fin Prior to installing process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I got a Requirement for Migration of SH4

In Simple Fin Prior to installing process i am not able to understand this points

>> Depreciation area for parallel currency must exist

>> In component PSM-FM, IS-PS: the request with reference to Asset must not exist

anybody aware of this Please explain ...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Mubeen,

In case parallel currency is active in system then we must have corresponding depreciation areas active in system for parallel currency. This is requirement for New Asset Accounting. So if you do not have that already in system, then it must be introduced before switching on New Asset Accounting.

regards,Sushil

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi,

with regard to the second question, let me provide som further details:

The Public Sector request transactions (TR F8xx) reflect specific use cases in the area of incoming (acceptance request) or outgoing (payment request) invoices.

Taking the example of the payment request, the supported use case describes that an acceptance request is a collection of one or multiple vendor invoices, with each invoice containing exactly one vendor line and one or multiple expense lines. This is also how the UI is built.

The new FI-AA generates a minimum of 2 accounting documents for each asset aquisition

• the generic (not ledger-specific) one debiting the technical asset reconciliation account crediting the vendor
  • one specific document per asset valuation (posted ledger-specific) debiting the asset in the respective valuation area, crediting the technical asset reconciliation account

This setup violates the current use case definition for payment requests, the ledger-specific posting does not include a vendor line.

Also, the complete set of request transactions is not ledger-group enabled, it always uses ledger group SPACE, posting to all ledgers.This affects especially the post-processing request transactions like deferral, waivers and remissions.

As a workaround, the asset aquisition via requests can be performed like it would also be done in case accounts payable accountant and asset accountant roles are distributed to different users:

The aquisition payment request is posted first, but not against the asset, but against a GL transition account. The asset accountant then picks up the posting from the transitino account and posts the asset quisition using standard FI or fixed asset transactions.

In order to avoid that such changes to operational process handling only come up once the new FI-AA has been iomplemented, a check is executed already prior to installation in order to uncover if the process that requires change is being used at a customer. As a workaround exists, it will only issue a warning message, allowing a customer to proceed but reminding him that a change is needed.

regards

Juergen

julia_betz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

@Sushil: thanks for already having answered the first question

concerning the second question:

if you use requests in component PSM-FM, IS-PS then a posting can be performed from the request to asset accounting. This interface is not yet able to communicate with New Asset Accounting. Therefore it is not allowed to have any requests in years which are open in asset accounting. If you have used requests in already closed years then you can use New Asset Accouting.

In the meantime we were investigating in this issue and we are trying to solve the issue using a workaround.

I will contact a colleague who will be able to give you some more background.

regards

Julia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

first question I guess answered,

second means that it's impossble to use new fi-aa if you have FM's request with reference to asset.

eg payment request