cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a custom column in standard SAP portal screen

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a requirement to add a custom column in standard PMS overview page of SAP portal as shown in the below screen shot,

for ESS as well as MSS roles .

Please suggest if this is feasible .

Thanks,

Suchi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Identify the DDIC structure bound to the context node of above alv table and append the field into structure and update the context node to include the new field into context node.

Appropriately use the post exit methods to populate the data into new column.

Regards,

Rama

0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

I have found the DDIC structure HAP_T_WD_DOCUMENTS for this, but this is tagged as "Cannot Be enhance' and so I am not able to add new fields to this structure.Is there any other option?

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Suchi.

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As the structure is marked as "Cannot be Enhanced", you wont be able to add an attribute into context node.

Here it is not feasible to add column into alv unless you modify the stanadard object.

I would suggest work around as below ( but its tricky )

• Create a new ddic structure, including standard structure fields along with custom fields
  • Go to enhancement mode of component controller and create a new context node with new structure/table type
  • Enhance the view, & hide the standard alv i.e. hiding the view container ui element of alv
  • Create new view container element and populate the alv into it
  • before modify view, copy data from OLD NODE to new NODE and also populate the data into new columns

Regards,

Rama

Answers (0)