Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues in cProjects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Right now i am stuck up with following issues in cprojects:

1. I am not able to carry out Resource based costing.I have maintained an org structure and assigned a position to it, to which a Business Partner (already created as an employee in T.code BP) is assigned.The rates for the roles are defined in backend in cost/revenue rates.We have created a project in cProjects and assigned a role in Resource tab page.However when I try to staff a Resource i am getting an error 'Cost-Revenue rates not defined for Resource'.

2. I am not able to create version (snapshot n simulation) in cProjects.We have maintained the Define Version Number settings in backend in R/3.Whenever i try to create an version, we get an error ' Version - 1 (any no) doesn't exists'

3.The projects created by me are not viewable in Project Dashboard.Are there some settings which are to be done in backend?

4.In Multilevel controlling, i am getting an error 'Internal Error:Calling Costing leads to exception' during calculating cost in Accounting view.

As per my intial understanding, i hav maintained all the config settings in backend (especially for 1st issue)

Kindly let me know the solutions for the above issues.

Regards,

Sarang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarang,

1. Check if you have given the same org unit for the project definition in cProjects Additional Tab page.

2. For creating versions (snapshot/simulation) of a project make sure you are following these steps:

a. Goto Versions Tab (Upmost tab)

b. Version Management - Check if Global and Local Versions are maintained. If not, create and close.

c. Now goto the "Projects" Tab page. Open the required project. Go to "Project Versions". The versions available in Version mangement will be available here. Select and proceed.

3. Try the "Use Dashboard" setting in Project Type.

Regards,

Reema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reema,

For Versions in backend i have defined permitted version numbers i.e Simulation (SIM01 & SIM02 for local and global usage) & similarly for Snapshot SNAP01 & SNAP02.

Now when i am going to Version Tab (upmost) in cProj screen, i am able to see the version type.But when i drop down in Version i dont get anything.When i try to create version, its giving message Version must be entered.so i tried to enter any number e.g 1, but then i am getting a message Version1 doesnt exisist.I am unable to understand b pt mentioned by you regarding Global n Local versions n how do i create it from cProj screen?

Is there some setting to activate the version view in dropdown in cProj? i.e SIM01,02 & SNAP01,02 which i hav maintained in backend.

Waiting for ur reply.

Regards,

Sarang

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarang

Under the versions tab page in cProjects, there is a button "Version management".

You need to create versions for snapshot/simulation there.

Make sure that the version you create here is released..

Regards

Reema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Reema,

What do i enter as Version number.If i giving it as 1 i am getting an error

'Version number entered does not correspond to the selected input template' i.e SIM01,SNAP01 etc.

So what should i give the version number? I get this error irrespective for anything i enter.

Regards,

Sarang

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarang,

In IMG define versions as SIM+. Then when you create version under version management, you can define version number as SIM01 - basically use wild cards (/*) when defining IMG. Read documentation on IMG for further details.

When you define version in version managemnet of cProjects, replace wild cards by numbers.

Regards,

Reema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx a lot Reema.

Full Points awarded.....

Regards,

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reema,

I am still stuck up with my first problem i.e Error of 'Cost/Revenue rates not defined for Resources'.

Just go thru the steps, which i have followed n let me know if i hav done it correctly:

1.Intially i hav defined an orgn in PPOCE, where in i have mentioned the Account Assignment details of CO area,Cost Centre etc.

2.I hav assigned a Position to it i.e. Proj Manager, for which i have defined the rates in backend in R/3.

3.After that i have created a BP in employee role.

4.By again going to PPOME i have assigned this BP to the position and hence the orgn which i have created earlier in PPOCE.

5.Finally when i have created a proj in cProjects, i have assigned that orgn in additional data tab page.

6.Going to the Resource tab page, i have selected the role and staffed the employee(created earlier) for that role i.e Proj Manager.The cost for that role can be seen in costing tab page.But when i calculate the cost i am getting an error that Cost/Revenue rates not defined for Resource (along with the Resource name, which i hav created in employee role)

As per my knowledge i have followed all the steps, but still i am unable to solve the error.If u can give me ur personal id, i can even send u the screen shots which will give u a more clearer idea.

Waiting for ur reply.

Regards,

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reema,

Hav u gone thru the steps mentioned in earlier thread?

Waiting for ur reply

Regards,

Sarang

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarang,

Have you maintained the same org unit in the backend R/3 where u will create the internal order.

Alternately also look at note: 875275 at http://servive.sap.com/notes

Regards,

Reema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reema,

Thanks for your reply.

I have already maintained the setings as per note 875275 in backend.

I am not clear abt which backend R/3 setting of org unit u r talking abt?

As mentioned earlier i hav created an org in PPOCE, where in i hav defined Account Asssignment details.This org unit i am using in additional data tab page in cProjects.

Can u pls elaborate on this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sarang

Answers (0)