cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCP IoT BETA - How to use the python code?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying SAP IoT BETA version on HANA Cloud Platrform. I managed to post/receive the messages from the MMS dashboard.

However, when I'm trying to execute the python code to post the message I'm getting an error, see attached, and it doesn't even reach to MMS.

I'm using Chrome as default browser and JavaScripting is already enabled. Also, I tried to enable all "authentication configuration" for MMS but no success.

Has anyone succeeded to run insert.py (as provided on the link SAP/iot-starterkit · GitHub) from computer?

Please can you help me with your experience on this problem?

Best regards,

Manish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anton_levin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

*Housekeeping*

Possible reasons:

- Missing or wrong assignment to "IoT-MMS-User" role

- Missing "Custom" Authentication Configuration with Username and Password for FORM based authentication (this step is not necessary for MMS versions >= 2.6)

- Disabled or "Default" value for Principal Propagation in Trust settings for account

Similar (closed) issue on GitHub Python example iot_starterkit_push_ui.py fails to send message · Issue #9 · SAP/iot-starterkit · Git...

Mark this question as "assumed answered" since author was able to proceed with the service (Oct 6, 2015)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Do you assign the IoT-MMS-User to your HCP logon user.

Please notice, it should the HCP logon user not account name.

Thanks

Leon Li

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Leon,

Thanks for your reply!

And yes, I used HCP user id and not account name for "Iot-MMS-User" role. Also, I tried enabling all the options in "Authentication Configuration" >> "Customs", but no success.

Any other clue?

Regards,

Manish