cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provisioning framework 2 - Update option disabled?

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I'm in middle of patching cycle where I have to patch to 7.2 latest version and to upgrade from old provisioning framework to SAP Provisioning Framework Version 2.

I have patched,

Design time to 7.2 SP9 patch 16

Runtime to 7.2 SP9 patch 11

VDS to 7.2 SP9 patch 7

All good until when I try to import v2 framework. As per upgrade guide, I was asked to choose "In the Import options screen, select Update. Then select the Ignore timestamp option." whereas I get only "Import" option as below.

Apparently, I can just rename the existing provisioning framework folder and continue with "Import"

But would like to know if this is a bug in designtime patch or should I check something else?

Kind regards,

Jaisuryan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seems like document is misleading. I had renamed the PF1 folder and imported PF2. Then I tried to re-import the same and I got "Update" option this time. So probably you get "Update" option if the folder already exists.

Regards,

Jaisuryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai

Do you mean that customer idm system had default pf1 and it was modified and was in use and now before importing pf2 , you renamed pf1 folder to something other than standard prov folder name to avoid overwriting it when importing pf2?

Are you upgrading IDM 7.2 SP8 to SP9?

Regards

Pradeep