Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Travel Issues

visu2015
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would need to help in providing solution.

1) When an employee raises travel request, estimated costs for each expense type (Boarding/Lodging, Travel(Mode of Travel as per employee eligibility) and Meals) should be able to enter in ESS.

In standard there is only option for total estimated costs in ESS.

2) If the estimated costs entered in travel request it should go for two step approval.

3) if the expenses entered exceeds the eligibility limit set in the back end, should allowing submitting and go for two setup approval.

Please let me know.

Thank You

Regards

Vish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

from my knowledge only one field  for estimated costs is available in WebDynpro for ABAP.

But you can do it via WebDynpro enhancement.

Workflow accordingly developments to read out the data entries.

Business thinking: What will happen if the estimated costs is under the specific threshold, so no approval necessary and than the actual cost is over the specific threshold?

I like more to define which kind of trips would be "good for approval". Like a tick box if it is a international  trip with flight costs etc.

Best regards, Sigi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

visu2015
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sigi,

Thank you for the reply.

If the estimated costs is under threshold there would be only one step approval.

I have 3 category employees.

1) Grade1 who are eligible for Second class train travel

2) Grade 2 who are eligible for Third AC train travel.

3) Grade 3 who are eligible for Flight Travel.

Can I make a provision in travel request to choose the mode of transport and then enter the estimated cost.

Regards

Vish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vish,

yes I know but estimated costs is not equal to actual costs. So for what you set up an approval? To approve the upcoming actual costs. But if the the traveller knows the threshold he/she stay under - even later on the actual costs are higher. So no approval in the trip request because "actual costs" are not know yet even you like to have an approval for upcoming actual costs.

If you set up the different employee groups in Infotype 0017 you can read this information out to show up different screen entries. The screen entries needs to be set up via enhancements for webdynpro.

Or if you don't like to have so much master date maintenance in HR. You can let choose the traveler the grade in a drop down and than also enter the estimated cost.

Regards, Sigi

visu2015
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sigi,

I agree with you. But clients wants to have the estimated costs defined in item wise to track the cost and they also want manager approval for further process like travel desk, finance etc.

For drop down then I should create three fields

1) Estimated Costs For Travel

2) Mode of Transport -- Drop down field

3) Amount

Am I correct.

Thank You

Regards

Vish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vish,

or just open fields and tick boxes.

Drop downs need more clicks than to just tick and enter amounts.

Best regards, Sigi

visu2015
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sigi,

Thank You.

Need some more clarifications for the below.

Based on the travel type :

For Eg : if its train travel, Grade 1 will be eligible for 1AC,

Grade 2 will be eligible for 2nd AC.

If its international travel : Grade 1 -- Business Class

Grade 2 -- Economy Class.

For estimated travel costs, is it possible to refer to expense type configured in back end ??

Is it possible to validate that grade 2 employee cant choose 1nd AC option tor train travel??

If tick box should be made available then I have to give all the options like Sleeper Class, 3rd Ac, 2nd AC  and 1AC. These all are for train travel??

if its Air Travel -- Then I have to put tick boxes for Economy Class and Business Class??

Correct me if I am wrong.

Thank You

Regards

Vish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vish,

estimated costs are not linked to expense types.

If you like to compare you need to do this with own programming.

(Like: If actual expense higher than estimated cost - > run approval process again)

I'm not a big fan of putting to much info into the travel request. Is a business trip depending on setting sleeper class or business flight or on purpose of the business trip?

So it is not a holiday trip - The traveller is for work purposed going on the trip - and this needs a business reason.

Normally each company has a travel policy set up. So e.g. the traveller can fly business if the time is longer than X hours. So for what reason you like to have this specified from the traveller in the trip request? If she/he travels in the "boarder" of the policy everything is fine!

What is interesting to approve? Business trip which cost more than amount of X.

So keep it simple.

Normally the approver can estimated the cost by himself. So if an employee will travel for one week from USA to Germany - the boss will know that this will cost X (travel policy in mind - e.g. business class, etc.)

Hope that helps.

Best regards, Sigi

visu2015
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sigi,

I am also trying to keep it simple, but client wants to validate the estimated costs against the eligibility limit * multiplied by no of days while entering travel expenses in travel request.

I have small clarifications, if the employee goes on international travel he will be eligible for 100$ as per diem.

Is this where I put the per diem as expense type -- > Create Travel Expenses Types for Per Diems/Flat rates.

2) Define Per Diem/Flat rate or individual Receipt Reimbursement.

Thank You

Regards

Vish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vish,

you are mixing two concepts.

Travel Request: This is before the trip start and is like to ask for permission.

No cost are "know" only an estimation can be done.

(BUT - No automatic calculation of Per Diems are available in SAP standard!)

Expense Report: After the trip is finished employee enter expenses and system can automatically calculate per diems per day/hour etc. (check customizing)

Best regards, Sigi

visu2015
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sigi,

I need one more clarifications.

For our client, for each department they a specified a expense approval limits. If the expenses crosses it should goto second step approval.

For eg: Hr expense approval limit is 50000 and if its less than this amount Head of HR approval is sufficient. But if its more it should goto CEO.

My question an employee reports to manager, but here the travel expenses should goto to Head of HR and not manager.

Pls suggest

Regards

Vish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vish,

this you should develop in the workflow.

Just specify and talk to your workflow developer.

Best regards, Sigi