cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying the existing Channel using Directory API in PI 7.4 Dual Stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My requirement is to Edit & Update the Communication channels in PI 7.4 Dual Stack without manual intervention.....

As of now I am able to create/read/query the existing Communication channels... But after reading i am confusing how to edit (like adapter changes, Directory changes) the retrieved communication channels and update the same.....

I have tried many alternatives ... But I haven't found any code snippet and proper procedure for editing the existing communication Channel.

Can anyone help me on this....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any updates on this...

Still getting confusion while creating instances of restricted channels.......

Couold any one help me to resolve this issue in any other alternative...... ?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Srikanth Mavuri,

0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

changes to communications channels can only be performed on instances of type RestrictedCommunicationChannel. You have to create one of those instances manually by copying your instance of CommunicationChannel (maybe there is an alternative to this step but so far I haven't found one).

Afterwards you can proceed as usual (modify your RestrictedCommunicationChannel as required, create an instance of CommunicationChannelCreateChangeIn, set a change list on this instance, add your changed channel to this instance, call the change() method with this instance).

This works on both 7.31 and 7.11 systems. So I guess that it's the same for 7.4 systems.

Best regards,

lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

Thanks for your reply....

I have already checked Restricted Channel Concept in this blog()....But Once again I will check once and let u know....

Regards,

Srikanth Mavuri.