cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove Header, Details, Trailer column name(description) from csv file in FCC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

What is the parameter to remove the header and details column names in FCC?

my csv structure is:

H|OrderNo|Vendor|ShipToGLN|Date

H|407654598|3422091143478|221544671|20150501

D|LineNumber|Code

D|00001|32

T|OrderVal

T|1122.65

I don't want highlighted(bold) values in xml. please suggest how to achieve that.

Thanks

Navneet.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All for your answers.

As Ambuj said, Document offset is applicable only on the starting rows and not the intermediate ones and i have tried that.

If there is no way to handle it in FCC, the last option would be mapping.

still, i was wondering if we can do it using key field in FCC as this is a very common requirement and SAP should provide a parameter for this.

Thanks

Navneet.

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well there is no standard feature in FCC parameters to ignore intermediate rows. You should allow them into your XML with FCC and ignore the unnecessary data from XML using simple conditions with standard graphical mapping functions

And as others pointed out, I hope now you know about "Document Offset" and it's purpose

//BR,

Praveen Gujjeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Navneet,

I would like to echo Chandrabhan's statement.

Making Document offset as 1 should solve your problem.

Please see below snapshot :

Thanks,

Satanik

former_member183816
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I think

document offset as 1

will remove only first Header line, not other bold lines as indicated in question.

Converting File Content in the Sender Adapter - SAP XI: Runtime - SAP Library

Document Offset

Specify the number of lines that are to be ignored at the beginning of the document. This enables you to skip comment lines or column names during processing. If you do not make an entry, the default value is zero lines.

After FCC in adapter, in you graphical mapping, while mapping target structure. Suppress the nodes, based on the values in bold line like "OrderNo", "LineNo", "OrderValue". You may have to use createif, removecontext etc function to acheive this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ambuj,

I skipped the rest of the bold lines in the payload.

I agree that simple graphical mapping will do the trick of removing the other bold lines.

Thanks,

Satanik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navneet,

In channel FCC paramters make document offset as 1.

That would wok