cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to view kapsel logon page on android device

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created kapsel cordova project using SMP 3.0  kapsel logon plugin on android platform.

I am able to view kapsel logon page on running the apk on bluestack/Android emulator.

But unable to view kapsel logon page on running the same apk from any android device it directly start loading data.

Can anyone please help me on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Anjali Agrawal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anjali,

What is the SMP sdk version, Android version and Cordova version ?

If you have already registered the app with SMP server from the device, and when you run the app after updating it, will take you to the home screen/passcode screen instead of logon screen.

Regards,Midhun

SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

Thanks for your kind reply.

I am using the following version SMP3.0 SP04 , Cordova- 5.0.0 , npm-2.7.4, android- 4.4.3.

Yes I am aware of the scenario in which on second time run of same apk directly passcode screen is viewed if atleast once logon screen is displayed and the app gets registered on SMP server.

But here unable to view logon screen in both case.

1)Fresh apk on device unable to view logon screen.Directly loads data.

2)Or if we are running already run apk from bluestack on android device even unable to view passcode screen.

Midhun I have previously run many kapsel application with logon plugin from android device or emulators with previous starting versions of SMP but their was able to successfully view logon page on both.

Currently getting the above mention problems with new versions.

So kindly suggest me with some solutions.

Thanks & Regards,

Anjali Agrawal

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please make sure to choose correct version of cordova with SMP SDK

Cordova 3.0.6 (or the latest 3.0.x version) should be used if using SMP 3.0 SDK.
Cordova 3.1.0-0.2.0 (or the latest 3.1.x version) should be used if using SMP 3.0 SP01 SDK.
Cordova 3.3.1-0.1.2 (or the latest 3.3.x version) should be used if using SMP 3.0 SP02 SDK.
Cordova 3.4.0-0.1.3 should be used if using SMP 3.0 SP03 SDK.
Cordova 3.4.1-0.1.0 should be used if using SMP 3.0 SP04 SDK.

Cordova 3.5.0-0.2.7 (or the latest 3.5.x version) should be used if using SMP 3.0 SP05 SDK.

Cordova 3.6.3-0.2.13 (or the latest 3.6.x version) should be used if using SMP 3.0 SP05 PL03 or SP06 SDK.

Cordova 4.2.0 should be used if using SMP 3.0 SP07 SDK.

Cordova 4.2.0 should be used if using SMP 3.0 SP08 SDK.

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anjali,

As Jitendra mentioned in his reply the Cordova version need for SMP SDK SP04 is 3.4.1-0.1.0.

README.md has information on supported Cordova version.You could find the file under the path C:\SAP\MobileSDK3\KapselSDK.

Also, this blog maintains the supported cordova versions list.

Regards,Midhun

SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

Will revert my version of cordova compatible to be used with my SMP SDK version.And will run my kapsel cordova project with logon plugin on emulator as well as on device and will let u know soon whether I was been able to solve my problem or if come up with any other difficulties with let you know with that.

Thanks & Regards,

Anjali Agrawal

Answers (0)