cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF' ing selectively. Do i have a choice ?

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

while running SNP optimizer first i clean it up with RLCDEL ,after that I only wanted the master data to stop flowing in.

but i want the transactional data to keep flowing,I do not want to stop the transactional data

I have not so far come across any screen or check box that gives me a choice ,but there should some coding available

can you please suggest any work around ?

Thanks

Ohio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Rahul,

NEw master data flows from ECC to APO through IM only. Until unless cig job for master data is not running it's not flowing. If you make any change in master data it will not be instant until unless you have mentioned it that way in CFC9, I hope periodic but not immediate. On the other hand transactional keeps on flowing for the materials which are in IM but not for the new as cif job is executed before your such runs. though its bit strange that you don't want to hold the situation at the time of run, may I know why?

I hope it answer's your question.

Regards

Rahul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Closing the CIF for both master and transactional data before planning runs is the SAP recommended practice.

See SAP Note 528913 Lock R3 data transfer during SNP, CTM, PPDS planning.

Locking and unlocking is performed through standard programs.

If you are using Outbound Queues, the programs are /SAPAPO/CIFSTOPQUEUES and /SAPAPO/CIFSTARTQUEUES. The programs are run in APO.

If you are using Inbound Queues, the programs are RSTRFCI1 and RSTRFCI2. Also run from APO.

Also see SAP Note 717244 Locking-unlocking inbound queues with the RSTRFCI1 program.

Some people get very anal and lock both sides but it's not necessary.

Best regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I made an error. For stopping inbound queues, the programs are RSTRFCI1 and RSTRFCI3.

Mike

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

Oh Maclean ,great !..nice of you ! ...you have solved my issue,i was scratching my brain ruminating over this issue for the past 2 days

Thanks

ohio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I request you to mark the thread as Answered as your issue was resolved. Please remember to do that next time going forward.

Thanks

Vinoth

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi vinoth kumar AP

Its my thing that i usually take instructions from my buddies only, for example gentlemen who taught me APO like Maclean ,DB49  ,rahul .and few others.

thanks

Ohio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

What kind of master data you want to stop?

In CFC9 you can stop the CIF transfer for: material, customers, vendors, work center. Choose for them method NO Transfer. So, in this case you can control the APO master update through nightly CIF job (before to run optimizer). This is the case for PDS update too!

Transactional data will flow if an active integration model exist.

Thanks,

Regards, Marius

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Marius ...it is a different strange whacky issue rather ... i will let you know the story behind it,no doubt your idea works ..but it is best ..you know the technical background behind it. and will let you know