Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will there be any age constraint for a person who wants to start as a career in SAP field? Second question is Will sap end user experience be counted at the time of joining as fresher in SAP as a consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

This is Koundinya working for TATA STEEL PROCESSING AND DISTRIBUTION LIMITED as a Senior Manager Operations for the past 7.5 years and my back ground is M.Tech mechanical and i am having 5.5 years experience in procurement and 2 years in production and we are SAP end users.I  have the following queries:

1) Will there be any advantage for me as i am planning to do a certification course in SAP Authorized training center in ATOS Chennai.

I have gone to ATOS ATC center and discussed with the business development head and he has seen my resume and said that you have a worth experience and assured 100 percent placement.

2) Can we believe on ATOS ATC centers as they are going to charge 3.9 lakhs for both SAP certification and 20 days classroom intensive coaching .

3) Will age be any constraint for SAP companies as i am 30 years old having  Post Graduation  and 7.5 years experience .

Requesting you to answer my queries

Koundinya

1 REPLY 1

former_member187748
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Koundinya,

very first thing is that as you have worked on SAP as an end User, so its not a new begining for you as you must be quite familiar with SAP before starting a  new begining. See there are two verticals

under SAP one is Technical where you have to write SAP codes to meet gap between standard SAP

package and the requirements of the user which differs from organisation to organisation.

But as your academics are from Mechanical field so this option will not suit you anymore (exceptions

are everywhere so please do not take it nigatively).

The other part of SAP is known as functional which is a support type work which is fulfilled through customosation and other stuffs and will not require coding. Now comes to your point that you have experience of Procurement and Production so you may take Material Management or any other

functional side in which you are more comfirtable in terms of understanding and interest.

When it comes to get trained with ATOS, see ATOS is one of the authorised SAP training Center

which will provide you quality materials (if your luck is not bad, because in these days you may find yourself get cheated anywhere).

Before concluding anything first i will advice you to take proper Councelling from ATOS about all the

major functional module which suits your experiance, then you can choose a better from among those options.

As you have experience as an end user it will perhaps help you to boost your career, however

you will be counted as an fresher when it comes to your experiances w.r.t. SAP functional.

In your case age should not be any contraint (but this fact also depends on some Organisations.).

If you have further queries, then you can revert.

Regards

Sanjeev kumar