former_member189059
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello experts,

in the MDM-XI-R/3 scenario...

1. syndication creates an xml file

2. xi creates an IDoc from this file and sends it to R/3

now what happens to the IDoc in R/3 ?

how does it get updated in the database ?

does it happen automatically or do we need to call a particular BAPI ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

<b>what happens to the IDoc in R/3 ?</b>

1. The Idoc once recived in R/3 will be consumed by a sheduled job running a SE38 Report, RFC or BAPI whcih is completely based on the Nature and content of the IDOC>.

<b>how does it get updated in the database ?</b>

1. The Report, RFc or BAPI will consume the IDOC and will update the Table accordingly.

<b>does it happen automatically or do we need to call a particular BAPI ?</b>

1. The trditional process is to link a SE 38 report to the IDOC. Once R/3 recieves this IDOC the report will be executed.

Regards,

Vijay

former_member189059
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello vijay,

thanks for your reply

i have a few more doubts

i have got an xml file from MDM syndicator (MatMaster repository)

xi pulls this file and puts it in the IDoc format and sends it to my r/3 system

do i have to make this report manually or are there standard reports available ?

how do i link the report to my Idoc ?

if i schedule my report in sm36, then what do i put as the start condition ?

alternatively, can i call an rfc directly from xi

if so, what is the name of this rfc to update the mara table and what mappings are required in xi ?

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

if you use the SAP delivered standard repositories, XI should be configured to forward the MDM XMLs as IDocs to your R/3 system's ALE Inbound. ALE uses standard Function Modules to process incoming IDocs. Details on this can be found in MDM's <b>IT Scenario Configuration Guide</b> (chapter 2.3) available on <a href="http://service.sap.com/installmdm">SMP</a>.

Kind regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

<b>do i have to make this report manually or are there standard reports available ?</b>

1. There are several Standard reports available. It depends on the nature of the IDOC and your Scenario. Custom Reports can also be created and linked.

<b>how do i link the report to my Idoc ?</b>

1. When you craete a profile for your XI Syetm in R/3 you can mention the Report Name for the specific IDOC. For more detail on this get help from XI forum.

<b>alternatively, can i call an rfc directly from xi

if so, what is the name of this rfc to update the mara table and what mappings are required in xi ?</b>

For more detail on this get help from XI forum.

Regard,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kris,

you need to confgure your IDOC in R/3 to get it posted automatically. for that you need to create a Parnter profile Rfc,and port in R/3.