Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing BO 4.1 SP5 Client tools on a server before Server tools

mhmohammed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I assume this is a fairly simple question, as the subject of discussion says. Can I install BO 4.1 SP5 Client tools on a server before the Server Tools?

I'm doing this as I want to do a POC to include WSDL connector drivers while installing Client tools, so, I can create a Universe in IDT with an external Web Service as the data source.

Thanks,

Mahboob Mohammed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207052
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what do you mean by server tools ? Do you mean the enterprise platform itself (BI 4.1 server) ?

mhmohammed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. I'll install the platform itself later. I want to install the Client tools first on this server as I want to connect to a different env.

Thanks,

Mahboob Mohammed

former_member207052
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the past I have installed the platform first and then the client tool on the same server and I did not have any issues. Technically, the order of installation should not be a problem because your client tools are based on 32 bit architecture while your server components are 64 bit. So, you should be ok with your current order of installation.

All that said, the best practice  would be to install client tools on a client machine and not on server

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mate,

The answer is the prerequisites:

mhmohammed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Can.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahboob,

The main goals in this forums are to find answer or share knowledge. If you have found the solution,  share it. If some of the answers have helped you, then assign the Correct or Helpful points and close the thread.

Thanks and regards.