SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output message EK 497 error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I'm trying to post a payment but the action was terminated with a short dump ,and the error diagnosis is stating:

" ........... N this case, you attempted to output message EK 497.

The text of the message was

The internal transaction 3000 0010 is not assigned to an external transaction."

Any assistance configuring this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

A.J

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi A.J.

Main transaction 3000 is used for down payments. Is this what you want to do?

If yes, the error suggests that you need to link the main and subtransactions that youre using with the internal main and subtransactions. You can do that in the menu: IMG - Financial Accounting (New) - Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable - Basic Functions - Postings and Documents - Document - Maintain Document Assignment - Maintain Transactions for IS-U.

Hope it helps.

Marko

0 Kudos

Thank you Marko

You feedback will surely guide to the right direction, however I need a clarification if you don't mind before I move further with you suggestion; 3000 is my company code and also I want to point out that am trying to post a payment on an invoice and not a down payment.

Please advise

Again thank you for your guidance.

Best regards

A.J

0 Kudos

Hi A.J.

Sorry, I mistaken 3000 for the transaction, based on what the error was saying. What transaction are you using to post the payment? Are you doing it via payment lot, manual posting, importing electronic bank statement or some other way?

Marko

0 Kudos

Hi Marko

I'm trying to make a payment on an invoice using payment lot.

Thank you

0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have any Statistical Items that are open other than you unpaid Invoice?

What Are you specifying as your Selection criteria when making the Payment in the Payment Lot?

If you use Contract Account it will use your incoming Payment Clearing Variant to clear the open items.

Its quite possible you have a Statistical item that's open and is configured to post to a Main/Sub that's not assigned to an internal transaction.

Please check the configuration path:

Postings and Documents->Document->

Define Account Assignments for Automatic Postings->Define Account Assignments for Down Payments and Charges

This configuration will allow you to post to a Main/Sub when payments are made on Statistical items.

It looks like one of the Main/Subs configured here is not assigned to an internal Transaction.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ivor

0 Kudos

Hello Ivor

Thank you for your feedback, I will look into your suggestion and will keep you updated.

Thank you