cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM on S/4 HANA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Will the standard WM run on S/4 HANA?  I know EWM will, just need to know if my customer will have a choice once they transition to S/4 HANA.

Thanks,

Chase Burns

SAP Chief Customer Office

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MarcKorstanje
Explorer
0 Kudos
Jörg_Michaelis
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chase,

WM will be part of S/4 HANA but only for the on-premise edition. SAP will also anounce that WM will be replaced by EWM so WM is part of a depreciation list.

The current plan is to have an embedded EWM version in S/4 HANA by end of 2016.

Jörg Michaelis

Chief Product Owner Extended Warehouse Management

0 Kudos

Hi Joerg, do you know if the announcement was already made?

Tks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joerg,

I am SAP MM/WM consultant and I would like learn/certification of EWM, my questions are:

(1) is it good time for certification of SAP EWM?

(2) Or, I should move to S4 HANA instead of SAP EWM?

Thanks in advance!

BR!

Rahul.

amueller1
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Joerg,

(1) Is it possible to connect more than one SAP ECC- and S/4 HANA-systems to one dedicated EWM-system?

(2) Is it also possible to connect two ore more ERP-Systems (ECC or S/4HANA) to one EWM warehouse location (1 warehouse number)?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Andy

0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

Since you are already a SAP MM+WM consultant, assuming that you are functional consultant, it is only logical that you move to SAP EWM for certification and look for a project in it.

As far as S4 Hana is concerned, the 1511 simplification list outlines, currently that SAP EWM will be plugged into S4 Hana which makes it essentials to shift your focus into EWM.

SAP MM is part of the S4 Hana in "Simple Logistics", though.

Kind Regards,

Sanjay

katrin_kraemer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas,

you can connect several ERP or S/4 systems to one decentraliced EWM system. They can even be handled in the same warehouse.

EWM determines the corresponding ERP system from the Entitled on stock level. The Entitled belongs to a plant in the ERP system. From this information EWM knows where to send messages to inform ERP or when to resrict a business process because the ERP system cannot handle it in the respective version.

If you have multiple SAP and/ or S/4 HANA systems, it is best if they do not have an overlap concerning material or business partner numbers. That situation would have to be handled in the SCM master data distribution. It would be a bit of extra work, but there are solutions available.

Best regards,

Katrin