cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS: Budget Availability, Settlement to AUC, Direct Settlement vs Multilevel settlement

mahesh_madhavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I'm posting this after thoroughly going all the related posts. But none has the answer.

I'm experiencing the problem as described in the SAP note: 0000159850.

I'm trying to settle the costs in WBS to AuC asset which should be auto generated during first settlement rule. But the problem is, the system is checking for the available budget in upper level WBS while settling and since there is no available budget in the upper level(as it's already distributed to the bottom, the one which I'm trying to settle) it's showing the 'Budget not available error'. There are several solutions here as described below.

1. Deactivate the Budget availability control check before settlement.
  2. Include the cost element to the 'exempt cost element list' according to above SAP note.
  3. Execute direct settlement instead of multilevel settlement

My solution of interest is point 3 above. Is it possible to use 'direct settlement' option for settlement to AuC? Does anybody know how we can decide whether the settlement via CJ88 is 'direct settlement' or 'multilevel settlement'?

Please help me out.

Cheers,

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Just for my understanding.

As per your issue, you are trying to settle cost from WBS to AuC, but in the sap note 0000159850, it was settling cost within project between WBS element. I feel both are different.

Can you confirm the same ?

Regards

Terence

mahesh_madhavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Maria,

You are right! I'm trying to settle cost from WBS to AuC. And during the process it's checking for remaining budget. If I exempt the cost element(of the AuC asset class) from availability control, I get no error. One more trouble I'm facing is that even in that case the settlement to AuC is deducting the available budget in the WBS.

Thanks,

Mahesh

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

is this behavior replicated or just it happens only for one project.

Since if you can replicate, you can raise a OSS note.

I dont get this message, so i prefer OSS is the best option.

Regards

Terence

mahesh_madhavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Maria,

Thanks for your quick reply. I understand the issue better now. While settling it's checking for the remaining available budget in the same WBS itself(not the upper ones).

So I added the AuC cost element to exempted list and is able to settle the cost without any warning or error, BUT now I can see that the 'Actual ' in the WBS is just doubled and it's deducting the remaining budget in the WBS!

For e.g.in the WBS

1. Actual values before settlement = 90,000 USD

2. Actual values after settlement to AuC = 180,000 USD ==> The settlement cost element is deducting the remaining budget

3. Actual values after capitalization of asset = 90,000 USD.

Please see the reports for step 2 symptom

SAP Note 51971 describes this symptom also:

In the active availability control, settled values are taken into account twice, or not at all.

But I'm unable to understand the solution described there!.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mahesh

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

I dont think this cost element option is valid since it duplicates the actuals.

This will create unnecessary issue and Budget error will occur.

Can you please post the screenshot of the error message, when settling from WBS to AuC ?

Regards

Terence

mahesh_madhavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Maria,

The error is the normal Budget availability control error.. Budget exceeded.. Sorry I dont have the screenshot now.

However I found something in thread

ACSET now:

Now after settlement to AuC, the report is dislayed correctly.

BUT now, after capitalization, in the budget reports, the actuals are cleared(0) that means it shows like the whole budget is now available

Could you help?

Thanks,

Mahesh

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Just Check 114 and 115 in ASCET. I guess in your case you need to uncheck only 116.

Regards

Terence

mahesh_madhavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Maria,

I did the same. But the results are same are as before - budget is freed up!

Please check

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Hopefully, this seems to be the issue. Remove the PSPNR assignment with * in ACSET .

Below is the OSS note. Check it whether this relates to your issue.

1935079 - Error message BP604 budget exceeded during settlement

Regards

Terence

mahesh_madhavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Terence,

Thanks a lot for your help! The issue is solved now. The SAP note explains the issue correctly and I applied the same solution by deactivating AA postings to WBS.

Thanks,

Mahesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Did you activated your budget "Over all" or "Annual" in your settings in "Availability control activation types" ?

What is your "Activation type" in "Availability control activation types" ?

If you assign "Over all " here system will check budget against "Over all Budget" values only.

Could you kindly check these parameters in your "Budget profile" assigned to this project?

Regards,

Pardhu

mahesh_madhavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Pardhu,

As per my budget profile, the availability control is per Annual values.

Regards,

Mahesh

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

In this case system will only check budget against "Over all Budget" values only.So do you sufficient budget for that Project over all?

If you have enough budget but still getting error ,Then just run transaction CJEN and then CJBN to restructure the Budget.Did you try this.

Regards,

Pardhu

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Kindly check the reports RKANBU01 which will update PR/PO commitments for this project.

and then run report RKACOR04  which will update entries in table  like COSP, COSS,COEP, COOI.

and then run CJEN AND CJBN

Note 152571 - Composite SAP note: Missing or incorrect commitments.Hope this may help you little bit.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/152571

Regards,

Pardhu

mahesh_madhavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Pardhu,

I tried both already but still no luck. Please check my answer to Maria, above.

Thanks,

Mahesh

mahesh_madhavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Pardhu,

Thanks, but now I'm facing the issue for the update of actual value after settlement.

0 Kudos

Dear Mahesh,

Please check below setting

T.code   ACSET

Deselect check box "Account Assignment" for Account Assignment Object "PS_PSP_PNR" and Asset Transaction Type "116".

May it will solve your issue.

Regards.

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Could you check

mahesh_madhavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Pardhu,

Thanks for the link. However in my case, there is no incorrect value being transferred to AuC asset. Its reducing the available budget in the WBS after settling to AuC.

Cheers,

Mahesh

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Kindly raise to SAP.

Regards,

Pardhu