Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macro Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a basic kind of Macro .

Demand Planner forecast = Manual Adjustments + Statistical Forecast.

Planners input their values for Key figure "Manual Adjustments" at aggregate level or at detail level too.

My question is, where should I place this Macro, i.e Default, start or level. If its default Why and why not level change or start ?

Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PS,

You can put it as start macro so that planner sees when he loads the data, level change anyways is must for your scenario as they will be drill down and drill-up while forecasting and finally exit macro is also essential.

Make sure they are doing save action else it could be they don't see the stuff ;later.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

If Macro is used at default level, when users makes changes and saves data, why do we need to put the same in Start Macro again? Start problem will hamper performance of planning book loading too .Isn't it ?

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes of course. Go with default in your case.

regards

Rahul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Power,

Check this:

• Default macro is executed when the planner opens the planning desktop and loads data, regenerates the screen (for example, by choosing Enter or Tab), or saves the plan. If other types of standard macros can be executed, these are executed before the default macros.
  • Level change macro is executed when the planner drills up or down in interactive planning.
  • Start macro is executed when the system loads data. This is for instance when a planner selects characteristic values in the shuffler and loads the data. The sytems always reloads data after the user saves the data. This means that start macros are also carried out after saving.
  • Exit macro is executed when the planner saves the plan.

Thanks,

Regards, Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep, the default option seems to be the right answer.