cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.11 and PO 7.4 Parallel Production use

former_member183953
Participant
0 Kudos

We have PI 7.11 Dual stack (CPU based license). Now we are planning to migrate this to PO 7.4 (single stack). Now since Dual stack to single stack in-place upgrade is not possible, we are planning installation of PO and migrating the objects manually.

We would migrate PI components from PI 7.11 to PO 7.4 in multiple phases and once migrated,start using those components on PO 7.4. The whole project would take at least 3 months, So my question is if we use both PI 7.11 and PO 7.4 parallel, Will that cause license violation? Since our PI license is CPU based.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183953
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am following the procedure mentioned in article:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0a78af6-1977-2e10-0d81-ca7e9f81b...

It says we can run parallel two PI Production instances temporarily (Old and New version) during the upgrade/migration project of 7.1.

My only question is, if this is approved for all SAP customers or depends on license type of the customer.

Thanks

vikas

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Licencing terms are not generic.They are customer specific.

I indeed agree that you can run in parallel but not sure of time period& other support limitations.

You can only get the official confirmation from SAP but not from the community member's.

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

Mind you - any SAP Application system (ERP,CRM,MDM) can be connected to only one Intergation server (PI).

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not completely true .

You can create a separate RFC destination to connect to different PI system and using an additional parameters(IS_URL with sub paramter)

Refer to page 6 for a better understanding..

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70066f78-7794-2c10-2e8c-cb967cef4...

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

So you are changing your scenarios developed and tested in QA

First time in production?

That's sounds just right...

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't change anything directly in production.

You'll use a different RFC destination for the required interfaces(which are migrated/using the SOAP adapter). You'll still continue with testing in Dev, QA and move it Production.

former_member183816
Active Participant
0 Kudos
former_member183953
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ambuj,

The blog you mentioned have already been referred, but it does not answer my question. My question is would i be causing any license violation, if i use two PI Production instances both for dissimilar interfaces (although temporarily until the completion of project)

Thanks

Vik

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This can only be answered/addressed by SAP Sales. Please create OSS message.

Licensing is customer specific...