cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disagregation of key figures

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our DP implementation we are getting the confirmed forecast from an external system.this key figure is coming at an aggregate level. when I load the data at the aggregate level the client wants this key figure to get disaggregated on the basis of another key figure.

example:

detailed level (main planning area): product, location , sold to and ship to

aggregated level: product and location

If I load the confirmed forecast key figure at the aggregated level (product and location) onto the main planning area(detailed level) then the key figure gets disaggregated on the basis of the additional key figure as I have specified that in the planning area.

there are 2 issues that I have been facing

1.when I change the value of the additional key figure at a detailed level (changing the values at the sold to or shipto level, this is equivalent to changing the split ) and save the data , the change in the split in the additional key figure is not reflected in the confirmed forecast key figure split immediately, I normally need to reload the confirmed forecast data to see the change, Is this an issue with the system or is it the way the system should be working.

2.even if the answer to the first question is yes, then also when I am reloading the data then also it is not taking the split, for it to take the new split I have to make the already existing values zero for the confirmed forecast and then when I reload it now it is taking the new split.

Can provide more information if required

Thanks in advance for ur help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. yes. Thats the way disaggregation works.

Disaggregation based on another KF will work only if there is no preexisting proportions

2. You need to zero out the proportion to get new disaggregated values. else the already existing poportions are used with new values.

if you are on 5.0 try the re-disaggregation function in the macro

also check this post

and this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the prompt reply,

Harish could u give me ur email id where i can send some screen shots and u can have a look at what is actually going on. I think that I have not been able to explain the question because if I would have to make the confirmed key figure zero every time I make a change in the split of the additional key figure ( which is the basis on which the disaggregation of the confirmed forecast is taking place) then this is not a nice solution.

Thanks in advance for ur help

Former Member
0 Kudos

mail id is on my link in the namecard(let me know if you cant find it)

you need to backup the KF at the aggregated level before zeroing (into another KF or version).

(if you can load your file to some common area such as briefcase.yahoo.com or docs.gmail.com and link that here it would be good cos the others can have a look and give their opinion.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is not a nice solution but the way disaggregation works is so...

the idea is not to wipe off any values that have been changed manually in a detailed level.

Answers (0)