cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cache issue in the portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing the cache issue in the portal. Like user1 login to the portal and do some transactions and logoff from the portal and now without closing the browser user 2 login to the portal , where the user2 is able to view the user1 data insted of his own data.

--> If i clear the browser cache and login to the portal everytime its working fine.

--> For the cache issue after through some the sap discussions i came to know that in the SYSTEM OBJECT i have set the ABAP HTTP Session property to true.

I have done above changes but still the problem exists.

Can anybody tell me how can i fix this issue???

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Nicolas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you activate the service sap/public/bc/icf/logoff in your backend system ?

Please also have a look at these notes:

Regards,

Nicolas

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks @nicolas and Troy for the inputs . The issue got resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The logoff service is already activated in the backend system

Nicolas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you follow the note 1717945 - Portal Logoff Does Not Logoff the Backend When Using HTTP Security Session Management ? Are you using HTTP security session management as discribed in note 1322944 - ABAP: HTTP security session management ? If yes, please execute transaction SICF_SESSIONS and check that all is a green.

Did you also follow the steps of the note 1903478 - Session remains open after the logoff on enterprise portal from 7.1 to 7.3 ? If yes, did you get a browser popup detailing the receipt of the session ?

Did you also verify that a USR_LOGOFF notification is sent to http://<host:port>/sap/public/bc/icf/logoff on logoff from the portal (check the blog mentioned by ) ?

Regards,

Nicolas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks @Nicolas and Troy for the reply.

i tried to search for the Logoff service in the sap/public/bc/icf/logoff servicebut i didn't find the service in the SICF.

Can you tell me whats the exact path of the logoff service.

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh

I hope you are well and many thanks for using the SAP Discussion Forums .

I'd like to start of by supporting Nicolas's recommendations outlined above. This particular issue is a crossover between caching and session retention and you need to follow the notes Nicolas outlined above.

For a full guided overview on backend session retention kindly consult and cross reference the following troubleshooting blog post:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-55337

When session expires or logoff is invoked or browser is closed, no matter what, the connection is not terminated but returned to the pool and kept open as defined in the Connection Lifetime property.

SAP Note 1322944 ABAP: HTTP security session management

Kindly update me as per your findings.

Kind Regards & All The Best

Troy Cronin - Enterprise Portal Support Engineer

Follow