cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a glossary category have related terms

Former Member
0 Kudos

PD: 16.5.3.3 (Build 4371)

I am looking for the capability to have certain terms owned by a category, and that category also reference terms held in another category. This allows one category to have a reference to the term that they use but do not necessarily own.

On the surface it seems that Glossary model has the capability to do this (via collection - RelatedCategories) , however I'm struggling to find the way to use this to achieve the goal. While its trivial to create an extended collection of terms that would meet this need - I would like to ensure I'm using the tool as much out of the box as possible without unnecessarily extending it if it can already do what is needed.

Anyone point me the best way to achieve this out of the box, or is the extended collection the only way to do it?

Many thanks,

Gareth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185317
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gareth,

You are correct that you would need to extend the Glossary to get what you are looking for, as the Category has its Terms, but not a way to relate to other Terms in another Category or the root. I may call them "Influenced Terms" vs. "Related Terms", just so I don't get the two confused.

But here is how to create the extension. Add the Category to the Profile, then add an Extended Collection with the Type of Term and give the Extended Collection a name like "Influenced Terms", or whatever works for you.

HTH,

-Matt C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks - I suspected as much and had already created the extension, but was hoping I was missing a trick and could avoid the extension!

Gareth

Answers (0)