cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ERP (windows) on HANA (SUSE Linux) - system copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We have SAP ERP 6 EHP 7 Application server which is running on windows and the backend for this is SAP HANA SPS 8.

There is some problem in the existing windows box where the SAP ERP system running, now we need to move this ERP system to a new windows server with the same backend database SAP HANA.

we knew that the hostname and IP will change for ERP system.

Could you please help us to proceed with this.

Thanks

Arun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I see there are two ways -

1 -  OS restore, - System rename from SWPM.

2 - OS-Reinstall - As it windows I see Win-Registry, and cloning."Complication"

Regards,

SY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SY,

Can you please provide more inputs on the option 1.

can we install the ERP system pointing to same SAP HANA schema and proceed with the SWPM for rename?

Thanks

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am talking about windows restore of good backup, not reinstall...as you already have data in DB.

Regards,

Sreenivas .Y

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivas,

The Network team has requested us to move the ERP application to a new windows server, due to some constraint. So it is not possible to go with windows restore.

The ERP system is up and working fine only. But we need to move the ERP application only to a new windows server.Can you please provide any other method.

Thanks

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

So I see now you have only the manual way of clone (your application server), if it would have been unix flavors the process would be little simpler.

as windows have registry, it is complected.

I also see you can also install new system with distribution method, and use system rename. (Possible) - and decommission DB part.

Regards,

Sreenivas .Y

Answers (0)