cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal statistic about browser usage of the client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Guru's,

we are using SAP Netweaver Portal and now there is a request if it is possible to get an overview how often the Clients are using Firefox or Chrome for example to acess the portal. Is there a possibility in portal already integrated to get such an overview? Or is it necessary to use Wily Introscope for such an statistic? Maybe there is also another solution, feel free to give an advice

Thanks and best regards

Robert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Nicolas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

By default, the portal does not provide such statistics. You could integrate Google Analytics which gives all what you need. Please refer to this blog:

Regards,

Nicolas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nicolas,

thanks for the google analytics blog. I have also found alternatives like "Portal Activity Report" or the "Activity Data Collector" but looks like that these alternatives are not able to show data about browserversion etc. Is google analytics the essential tool for this request/demand? Did you have experience with Wily Introscope? Is it possible to use this tool instead google tool? Dont know if customer will send all data to google ;0)

Thanks in advance!

Robert

Nicolas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Indeed Portal Activity Monitor does not provide such statistics. Wily Introscope is mainly used to analyse performance issues and I do not know if this tool reports browser statistics. It exists other paid solutions such as Click Stream (I never used it) and Webtrends () which is similar to Google Analytics.

Check also this thread:

Regards,

Nicolas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nicolas,

thanks for your clarification! I think i catched the point. ADC and PAR contain too less information so think customer will decide between Webtrends or googleanalytics.

Now i have to wait which solution customer wants to prefer.

Best Regards

Robert

Answers (0)