Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Notification Change and Display by Work Center

former_member548863
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have two work centers in my organization and both are using same notification type N1. At the same time, I need to restrict change and display activities in the notification by work center.

How do I block the access by work center in Notification?

For example:

Work Center ABCD can only change and display Notification type N1 with Work Center ABCD. If the Notification N1 belong to Work Center EFGH, Work Center ABCD is not able to change or display the Notification. Vice versa.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hafiz,

Below is a tested solution, technical way.

Step1

Have a Z-table with UserId and the OBJID (you will get this form CRHD table against your Work center).

Have entries in the Z-table like this. (only one entry for one UserId)

Step2

Put the following code in the include ZXQQMU36 (user-exit QQMA0026).

DATA: V_UNAME TYPE SY-UNAME.
CLEAR V_UNAME.
SELECT SINGLE UNAME FROM ZPM_OBJID INTO V_UNAME WHERE OBJID = I_VIQMEL-ARBPL.
IF V_UNAME <> SY-UNAME.
   MESSAGE: 'You are not authorized for this Maint. Work Center.' TYPE 'E' DISPLAY LIKE 'I'.
ENDIF.

Now the system throws the following error, when a user with a particular OBJID entry in the Z table tries to enter a Notification (IW22 / 23) with a different Maint. Work Center.

Good luck

KJogeswaraRao

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hafiz,

I remember we had a similar discussion some time back.

I dont think this can be done using the work centres, since there is no standard authorization check is happening for IW21. Or create a custom authorization object for work centre and assign to this transaction. Check with Security Consultant.

May be try using User Exit and check whether this works for your requirement. Suggest you to check User Exit QQMA0026

Regards

Terence

former_member548863
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Terence,

Yeah you are right but previous post was for maintenance order. Just checking with you guys if notification works different ways and can be achieved via authorization object.

Thank you for the User Exit.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hafiz,

You can easily check in SU24, just by giving the transaction system will provide you the list of authorization object that are checking in standard and some which you can additional trigger authorization.

Regards

Terence

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

This can be controlled by authorization objects of user.

Check the authorization objcets

C_ARPL_ART - Workcenter category ( For PM it is 0005)

C_ARPL_WRK - Work center- plant here you assign as per your requirement to two users.

Regards,

Pardhu

former_member548863
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Pradhu,

Thanks. I have manually added both authorization objects into the role. But for the second authorization object C_ARPL_WRK what should I maintain? Fyi,both work centers responsible to the same plant.

Kindly advice.

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

You can also assign the work center in "Maintain the values for the organizational levels of the role." by clicking on"Organizational levels" in user role using trasnaction PFCG.

Regards,

Pardhu

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

For second one give 03 display and put plant.Hope you can restrict by adding in  "maintain n the values for the organizational levels of the role." using PFCG

Regards,

Pardhu

former_member548863
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pardhu,

Tested and it didn't work.