cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indirect Access Violation ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Customer is considering to use PI to sync data from ERP to external MS SQL, and store data in the SQL DB.

The data stored in SQL includes Material Master, PO information. These data will be access by a custom web application.

Many employee will use this web application to access material / PO info.

However, they're afraid of the famous "Indirect Access Violation" issue.

I'd like to know, in addition to PI/PO license (core based), do they need to purchase named user license for each web users? How about the NetWeaver Gateway ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mate,

I guess that if this sentence is true: " These data will be access by a custom web application."

You only need the user between PI and the app, not each user that uses the app, to access the application,because the PI interface will be used by one user only.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can,

What if this sentence is also true "Many employee will use this web application to access material / PO info." ? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your question is:

"I'd like to know, in addition to PI/PO license (core based), do they need to purchase named user license for each web users?"

So, you will need several web application users but the application need one communication user against PI/PO

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can,

You hit the point.

As customer's plan, many web users who need to access backend ERP data (synced from ECC via PI) are not in ERP named user list. So customer need to purchase some kind of named user license for them, right ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Named user for the web application i guess. I don't know whts the app, but this should be the key.

Regards!

Answers (0)