cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Management Doubts in Requirements gathering

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am currently in the Requirements gathering phase of Travel Management Implementation.

I need to explain the below scenarios/requirements to client so i request you to please assist me on these.

1. Client has 2 separate business units currently in which the approval process for Travel request and Expense report are different. It is based on employee grouping. There are 4 types of workflows in place.

Q: Can we accommodate this in SAP? Client wants to have same workflow based on the employee grouping and business unit.

2. There is a Business Trip allowance in current process which is a fixed amount (like per diem). It is based on trip schema and trip country/region

Q: Can we create a new Expense type as flat rate like meals per diem?

3. Client want to have info type 0017 to be updated automatically based on employee sub group. Can we make it possible in SAP?

4. Currently there is a field for Business unit (Identifier of business unit) in current process.

Q: Can we create a new filed in Travel request and Expense report so that employee gets a drop down to select the business unit?

5. There is a need to restrict Laundry expenses to be restricted for trips less than 4 days.

Employee cannot claim this expense if trip is less than 4 days. How can we achieve this?

6. Advances to be restricted if there are 2 open settlements. How can we achieve this?

7. Advances to be restricted if applied 3 days before travel. How can we achieve this?

8. How do we determine per diems for trip schemas? Different rates for Domestic and Overseas.

I sincerely appreciate your valuable advises.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

to 1: Yes, you need workflow developments: Decision based on HR grouping data.

to 2: Just use per diem customizing

to 3: Yes, with HR action atomization

to 4: Yes but for which reason? What should happen with this data entry?

to 5: User exit "before safe" - here you can check trip duration against the used expense types - if requirement is not fulfilled not save is possible and the user will get a information message.

to 6: Also with user exit "before safe". Check conditions and raise message accordingly.

to 7: see 5 and 6

to 8: Please check trip schema customizing (transactions FITVFELD and FITVFELD_WEB)

Best regards, Sigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Sigi. You have done a great help to me