cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Management without Payroll control record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

As we know that to use a Travel Management by user, there should be a valid payroll area should be maintained for the employee in IT0001 & for that payroll area payroll control record should be maintained.

System does not allow user to create a travel request if payroll control record does not exist for that payroll area.

My query is that, is there any way that without having a payroll control record, raising a Travel request or expense report is possible?

What about those organizations who do not use payroll.

Regards,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

simple answer - NO!

Unfortunately the Travel Management module is using a lot of HR architecture. The payroll area is hard coded and need to be maintained. Any effort to skip this is only time consuming.

Just create this records and thats it. (Even you are not using any other concept of HR Payroll)

Best regards, Sigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sigi,

Thanks for your reply.Just wanted to know if I maintain the payroll control record & do not update it time to time then will there be any impact.

I think while executing PRFI or PRRW, the user has to select "Other period" instead of selecting "Current Period".

Regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

We create 1 control record per payroll area and date it for the entire year. That way we do not have to maintain it for payroll period dates. We only have to create 1 new one every year.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

no impact at all.

As you are not integrated with Payroll no check on this data happens.

The payroll are concept makes a lot of sense if you have integration to payroll.

But for FI usage it can be a little bit confusing.

Best regards, Sigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Huh? We have no integration with payroll. We pay through FI/AP, but payroll control records are still required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thats correct - payroll control records needs to be set up - but it needs not to be on correct period or date. Just to be there....

Answers (0)