cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need a date prompt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to enter cut off date as prompt but this cut off date field is not existing in database. based on this cut off date we have some calculation in report.

-- How to create a date field with calender. which don't have any values in database (this field is not there in database) .

Thanks all

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

you can refer the following link:

Thanks

Megha

former_member207052
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Follow the steps:

1. Create a new query in the web-I report. Choose ANY object that is of the type date in result object and add the same object in the filter panel. (do not worry even if the required dates are not there in your table. this is just a placeholder.) - Figure 1
  2. Create a variable to read the user response and store it for further use. Figure 2
  3. Now you can use this cutoff date anywhere you want in the report
    1. The important point here is that since you are using the user response, it is no longer connect to any queries/data sources and so you can use if freely as a global variable across your report. (Figure 3)

To suppress  "No data to retrieve in query" warning, you can play around with selecting a dummy value.

former_member207052
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Updated Cutoff date formula:

=ToDate(Left(UserResponse("pmEnter CutOff Date:");(Pos(UserResponse("pmEnter CutOff Date:");" "))-1);"MM/dd/yyyy")

0 Kudos

Narashimman.. Good one. I like it your logic.