Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activity/Operation cost zero in cost estimate

kapil_mehta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have configured Product cost planning in a Sandbox system and I am facing following issue while performing Cost estimate using t-code CK11N.

Activity cost in itemization is shown as 0 ( item category E ).

I am specifying Finished Good as input in CK11N, and this has a Semi-Finished Good and a Raw material in BOM. I have also maintained BOM for SFG.

Similiarly I have also maintained Routing for FG & SFG. I am using three activity types in operation and maintained price in KP26 for combination of Fiscal year, Cost Center & Activity type.

In Valuation variant - I have specified Strategy Sequence as 'Plan Price as Average of All Fiscal Year Periods' and Version as '2'.

While executing CK11N, I am specifying version 'Costing Version' as 2.

Appreciate feedback about why activity cost is not shown in cost estimate.

-Thanks

Kapil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OwenLiu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check whether Note 1872228  is implemented.

Please run KSPI and check again the result.

BR,

Owen

kapil_mehta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Owen

I executed KSPI and found that Activity quantity, Total price, fixed quantity are shown as 0.00. How can I fix this ?

-Kapil

OwenLiu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

I checked in my test system.

If KP26 price is correctly maintained for the relevant version, system should be able to get the price successfully. KSPI won't be necessary.

I recommend you to check again the setting in KP26. Did you set the price for version 2?

BR,

Owen

kapil_mehta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Owen

Please check attached screenshot of KP26 for one activity Labor. In KP26 - For version 0 & 2, I have entered 'Plan Activity' as 5,000 & 'Fixed Price' as 12,000 for period 1 - 12 of Fiscal year 2015.

System automatically divides 5000 into 416.667 per period.

After this, I executed KSPI as'Test Run'. It shows entire 'Activity Quantity' of 5000 in period 1 only and shows 0.00 as quantity in period 2-12. In all periods, it shows 'Total Price' as 0.00.

Do I need to execute KSPI without 'Test Run' ?

In CK11N, I have specified costing version as '2'.

Appreciate your feedback.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

OwenLiu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

Thanks for the screen.

I can see the quantity for the activities are 0.

So I think you should check your routing.

The quantity should not be 0. (even the price is zero)

BR,

Owen

kapil_mehta
Participant
0 Kudos

Issue is resolved. I checked checked configuration for formula specified in work center. It needed some modifications, and now I can see activity cost in itemization.

OwenLiu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

Glad to know the issue is solved.

Just one suggestion: if anyone's answer is helpful, hope you can give the point.

I think more experts will answer you then.

BR,

Owen

kapil_mehta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Owen

Though none of answers were exact for problem, but I have marked nearest answer as Helpful.

-Regards

Kapil

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member191939
Active Contributor

Hi Kapil,

It seems you have done all the relevant mapping/config but still the activity cost is coming zero.

Please check routing once(T code-CA03) whether costing relevancy is selected or not.You can find this in operations-general Data.

Please check and confirm and if possible please take help from your PP consultant.

Regards

Eugene

kapil_mehta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for feedback.

Both SFG & FG have Costing relevancy marked as "X".

I have specified following dates while executing CK11N. Can this cause be causing some problem due to which system is not able to pick activity cost ?

Costing Date From      25.5.2015

Costing Date To        31.5.2015

Qty Structure Date     25.5.2015

Valuation Date         25.5.2015

-Regards

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii kapil

1)  As per your post activity price values would get picked from based on kp26 planning and routing master data CA02

In KP26 planning we will mention how much amount for the individual activity types.

2) After that important thing is in work center - costing tab we have to maintain for which activity types you maintained the cost center based on that you have to give the cost center after that activity types automatically popup the activity types for that activity types we need to mention the formulas for that belonging activity types.

3) Now go to routing master inCA02. Here we need to mention the hours performing by each activity type we need to maintain in routing.These things first we have to configure before going to costing variant.

4) Coming to costing variant in valuation variant tab we need to maintain the strategy sequence

A) Most up to date plan price

B) Plan price for the period

C) Actual price for the period.

5) Based on that system will check the priority what you maintained in activity types/process tab.

6) Finally in quantity structure control  we need to mention routing determination as 01 category in routing tab.

Based on this configuration activity prices would be reflected in ck11n standard cost estimate.

Please give me reply for any clarifications               

Thanks&Regards

Harinath            

kapil_mehta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harinath

I followed points mentioned by you, but it did not fix issue.

In itemization, it shows quantity as 0.0 HR for Activities. System might be unable to find some details correctly, due to which Activity Quantity/Cost is 0.0. Not sure where to check.

-Regards

Kapil

rajneesh_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Try doing Cost calculation for bigger lot size.

Check the validity dates and quantity of routing.

Check whether activity quantities are maintained in routing.

Rajneesh

kapil_mehta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rajaneesh

I tried by entering lot size 100 as input in CK11N. Activity price still does not show up.

Though Routing for FG/SFG shows Activity quantities, but in CK11N itemization activity quantity is 0.0 HR

BOM/Routing master data of FG/SFG is valid from 19.5.2015. In CK11N, I have given following dates -

Costing Date From      25.5.2015

Costing Date To        31.5.2015

Qty Structure Date     25.5.2015

Valuation Date         25.5.2015

I am not sure why system is showing activity quantity as 0.0 HR in cost estimate.

-Regards

Kapil

caram
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

Have you maintained plan cost in KP06?

Thanks,

Sitaram

kapil_mehta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sitaram

KP06 is not maintained. It requires Cost center and cost element as input. Should I maintain it for combination of - Cost center ( in work center master ) AND Cost element ( Activity master ) ??

-Kapil