SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Cost Sharing Scenario in GM-GTE

amarlal_lohano
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are implementing FM-BCS and GM-GTE in a University. While configuring Cost Sharing scenario, where the grant budget is to be consumed between internal Fund (Cost Sharing Fund) and External (Sponsor Fund) on, lets say, 50:50 basis (Two Sp. Classes both sharing 50% each) on Total Grant Costs. I inserted the budget in Sp. Classes in both Internal and External Fund. However, when I am consuming the budget using FB50, the system does not consume the budget of both funds and instead it is only consuming the budget of external fund. Screenshot attached below:

What could be the reason? is their any configuration changes required? Please help

Regards,

Amar Lal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amar Lal

The system does not do automatic distribution to the internal fund. This must be entered by the user.

Thanks

Shyam

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amar Lal

The system does not do automatic distribution to the internal fund. This must be entered by the user.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Thanks Shyamal. So you mean to say, we have to set up derivation rules accordingly? so that both internal and external fund are charged as per cost sharing %age?

0 Kudos

Amar Lal

Yes. You can either derive the internal fund or enter it as an override. You can also transfer shared cost to the internal fund within the grant.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Thanks Shyam. Now I am starting to understand the system behaviour of cost sharing. What I did today, I charged the same GL on both Internal and External Fund on the basis of two separate Internal Orders and both were charged properly as shown in screenshot below:

But how can I override it or transfer shared cost to internal fund within the grant? As far as I remember, transfer between Sp. Classes and Sp. Program are possible using Budgeting Process "Transfer". Can you elaborate the processes in detail?

Also can you further explain the cost sharing %age used in Grant Master. As when I am trying to put Cost sharing %age overall, the system is not proposing any amount for cost sharing fund based on the external budget released. However, when I am trying to put the cost sharing %age on a particular Sp. Program and Class, then system is proposing the amount for cost sharing fund based on external budget.

Regards,

Amar Lal

0 Kudos

Amar Lal

By cost transfer I meant transfer of actual cost using FB50. By override I meant that you can set an internal order to derive the external fund but override the derived fund to enter the internal fund. In any case having a separate internal order for internal cost is a good idea as this can reliably derive a separate fund.

Yes the percentage has to be entered on each combination of sponsor program and sponsor class to be effective.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Thanks a million Shyamal for clarifying issues. Now many concepts have been cleared

Regards,

Amar Lal