Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman and HP ALM Integration

tejakrishna
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi

I am looking for few inputs on HP ALM and Solution manager Integration. Can someone give some thoughts on exactly where to start. I have the How to guide from wiki but its not helping me completely.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please provide information like which version of ALM and Solman you are using. You need to have both User Guides EI User Guide by HP and How to Guide for EI adapter from SAP. Also refer Read me file provided by HP for EI adapter. You need to decide which functionality you want to use Blueprint exhange, BPCA or defect management.  depending on this go through the relevent section in the user guide. To start with you can follow below steps :

1. verify the prerequisites

2. Install Adapter on ALM Server and load the licneses.

3. Enable extension for your projects.

4. Configure the adapter for BPCA/SAML using HP user Guide (if planning to use).

5. Perform the configuration on Solman system for test management and defect management.

6. Import/export certificates in both systems for trusted connection.

7. Field mapping for defect management.

These are only few main steps please refer user guides for detailed configuration steps.

Please refer all the documents carefully. It shouldn't be a problem for you to take start.

Let me know in case you need more information.

EI User guide and readme link : https://hpln.hp.com/page/hp-enterprise-integration-module-sap-solution-manager-0

Regards,
Gaurav

tejakrishna
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks Gaurav for a detailed note...

luigi_co
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Do you know if there is a mapping required for the user in ALM and the user in SolMan ? How will defects be created in SolMan - will it use the same user logged in ALM?

Regards,

Luigi