cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting Work center field in Edit Notification screen ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am working on SAPWM application customization. I have added a field Work Center in Edit Notification screen. After that I have wrote the BAPI classes & made changes in BAPI Wrapper config. Now after Transmit I am not able to see changes in Edit Notification screen.  Am I missing something. Tell me please. Any suggestion will be very helpful.

Regards

Sudhir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts

&

Marçal Oliveras

AK K

Chandra Ayyagari

I need your help.

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First check if when you edit the notification work center in the Agentry client it is updated in the SAP backend.

Then if the standard is not doing it, you will have probably to extend the setProperties method of Notification object to set the work center value with the data coming from SAP.

former_member208808
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

1)Also you need to debug your java

this would help you to see whether your custom bapi.java class that you wrote for these changes is getting executed or not.

Then you will have to see whether its updated to SAP backend or not as Marçal suggested.

2)If it is hiting to your java class and updating to backend then need to inspect object on  on agentry side for that notification.

Let us know about this.

Regards,

AK

0 Kudos

Work Center Edit is not supported in the OOB. I think this was a miss.

Please extend setProperties(User u, NotificationPostUpdateBAPI bapi)  method and add

setWorkCenter(u.getString(prefix + "WorkCenter")); statement to populate the Work Center. The field is already there in Notification Object so the Agentry changes are trivial.

No need to extend SAP BAPI - however you have to update the config parameters.

thanks,

Chandra