cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should there be issues upgrading the ADS ODBC driver from version 9.10.0.21 to 11.10.0.22?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I upgraded a windows web server from ADS ODBC driver version 9.10.0.21 to 11.10.0.22 last week. Most web sites seem to be okay but there is one web site that is generating errors in the Windows Event Viewer. The site runs on PHP 5.3 and connects to ADS using the PHP ODBC API. Note: Other websites using other drivers to connect to ADS such as OLE and .Net framework. I was able to put in a partial work around by switching the PHP ODBC site from using DSN-less to DSN odbc connections. Note: This site is used to generate business reports and so it connects to several databases (each company is a separate database). The main companies are all working but there are some ancilliary companies that are still causing the exception with the DSN connection. I am going to try stopping the sites and uninstalling the 11.10.0.22 ODBC driver to see if that solves the problem ie allows use of DSN-less connections. The entry in Event Viewer looks like this : The system has called a custom component and that component has failed an generated an exception. This indicates a problem with the custom component. Notify the developer of this component that a failure has occurred and provide them with the information below. Component Prog ID: 0[ODBC][Env 7129E96C] Method Name: IDispenserDriver::CreateResource Process Name: php-cgi.exe Exception: C06D007F Address: 0x7607FD1E                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Was it an extremely bad idea to try updating the ODBC driver on a "live" web server (without rebooting) or have I just been caught out by an odd combination of events?                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Please also note I am finding this page very difficult to use. The page keeps stealing the focus from this textbox control. I am asked "do you want to leave this page?". I am using internet explorer and windows 8 with automatic updates. I was unable to paste in the event viewer message text so I typed it in without new lines. Using the key on the keyboard caused this form to submit prematurely so I have had to submit my question again. Mr Kim Anthony Groves.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It shouldn't make a difference as long as you stop / start the webservice to pick up the updated registry.    This would be my first suggestion (versus your suggested steps to also uninstall - though an uninstall / re-install or repair may fix anything that could have gone wrong during the update if files were in use).