webi pdf export missing dates
Just wondering if anyone else has seen this problem before.
First a bit of background - this has only started happening since upgrade from XI3.1 to 4.1 SP5
Both Web-based and Rich client exhibit the same behavior:
1. Create simple webi report document containing a date in-table (ie. =[SomeDate]).
2. Save as "PDF" (local machine)
Result: The exported PDF is missing the dates in the table.
Couple of other observations:
1. Save-As any other format (like Excel) and there's no problem (all dates are visible).
2. If we Format the date (ie. =FormatDate([SomeDate]; "dd-mmm-yyyy")) that makes the date visible again in the PDF. (Actually any variable that references the same underlying date seems to show up in the PDF just fine).
3. It is affecting Scheduled PDF reports on the server, not just local-machine "Save as PDF".
I've tried different Locale settings in Webi and Rich Client to see if that made any difference... And sadly, it didn't.
Thanks to Ivan from SAP support:
Please uncheck Read As HTML in the Object Format. You can follow the steps below:
1. Import the universe into the UDT.
2. Right click on the dimension [Some Date] -> Object Format.
3. Uncheck Read As Html in Number Tab.
4. Click OK and Save the changes.
5. Export the universe.
6. Open and refresh the reports.
7. Export the report as a pdf file.
This is a limitation of 'Read As Html'. It supports very limited html tag and the formatted contents may not show properly when exporting them as a PDF file.