cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putaway HU creation using 0PAL

0 Kudos

Dear All

I am wondering whether 0PAL would automatically create Putaway HU's as part of palletization similar to 0IBD that  does the packing in the inbound delivery .

Any help in this highly appreciated

regards

Saravana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

narendra_prabhu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Duraiajan Saravanakumar,

Please note even I was struggling to get the put away Handling units created as per the palletization procedure, but thanks to Juergen's inputs am able to create the same now.

Kindly find below the steps executed by me to achieve the same :

1. Create packaging specification for the product that needs to be palletized and maintain the condition type '0PAL' in the determination tab with the relevant determination parameters. Remember to check 'HU creation' check box.

2.  Assign 0PAL in the determination procedure for packing material proposal for the combination of Inbound document type and document category under the IMG path.

SCM Extended Management->Goods Receipt process->Inbound Delivery->Manual Settings->Define Document Types for Inbound delivery process.

Its important to note with the above set up,  the HU's will be created at the inbound delivery item level rather than the warehouse task level.

Best Regards

Naren Prabhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

0PAL is for inbound process without HU

To create Putaway HUs you need to pack in inbound delivery with 0IBD or pack during putaway process.

Petr

0 Kudos

Hi Juergen/Petr

Due to capacity check and split during putaway requirement i can't have 0IBD based packing and HU creation , hence i am looking for palletization and auto HU creation using 0PAL.

You have to assign the determination procedure to your inboung delivery doc type, also have the flag "create HU" in the pack spec

I asume the above pasted one refers to 0IBD condition type  and both of you guys are confirming that 0PAL will not create HU's automatically despite the pack specs maitianed with  flag" create HU".

Not a problem , i would use the WOCR to create the putaway HU's

regards

Saravana

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI,

of course the system can create HUs automatically. And it does not matter if the condition type is 0PAL, 0IBD, or ZABC.

Your packspec must have a flag for HU creation on the level you want it and the determination procedure must be assigend to your PDI doc type. That also works with the determ procedure 0PAL.

Juergen

0 Kudos

Hi Juergen

Pack specs having flag for HU creation ,0PAL procedure assigned to  INB/ PDI doc type/doc cat,

pallet quantities are calculated as per the pack specs ( Not a problem atall)   but there is no HU creation.

regards

Saravana

rchowdhury
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

FYI..

The following table gives an overview of the
determination procedures and condition types :

Function Used in Warehouse W001

Determination Procedure

Condition Type

Palletization and setting of alternative UoM in an
inbound process without HU (large parts)

0PAL

0PAL

0WHTA

0WHT

Proposal of packaging material at the packing station
in an inbound process with HU (medium parts)

0DKS

0DKS

Determination of alternative UoM for picking warehouse
tasks without HUs

0WHTA

0WHT

Determination of packaging material for pick-HUs in
outbound processes

0BDL

0BDL
JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI,

if set up properly, you should get HUs already in the PDI. it works for me.

brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have packspec determination problem in the scenario a Inbound processing with repacking as below.

At ID, I am creating manually a dummy HU  e.g. A001 for product A1 200kg. This will unloaded using WT and GR is posted automatically. ECC is updated with GR and HU A001.

The HU is then taken to workcenter using HUs WTs. 

As per pack spec, 1st level is 10kg in cartons and 2nd level is  5 cartons (50kg) in pallet.

'HU create' at both levels. Determination maintained for 0DKS.

At workcenter, under 'Repack Product' when I enter source HU  A001 and product no A1 and press enter, I expect system to propose 50kg and pallet as the pkg material. So that stock will be repacked into 4 Hus one-by-one. But system doesn't determine the packspec. Log says 0DKS condition record not determined.

Due to this, system proposes 200kg in the repack product screen. I have to manually key-in 50 kg and pkg material pallet  then execute to create the HU and then close them for them for further process.

0DKS record is maintained for SCU and Workcenter in packspec and also just for the SCU.

the workcenter layout is not deconsolidation relevant.

still it doesn't work.  Any idea on this?

Thanks in advance.

Santosh

0 Kudos

I am trying this Palletization (0PAL) during putaway task creation and also maintained addition to HU "H" setting in the destination  storage type

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI,

if you want the system to create an HU, this does not work during palletization. You have to assign the determination procedure to your inboung delivery doc type, also have the flag "create HU" in the pack spec.

brgds

Juergen