Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant to plant Stock Reservation.

former_member1362799
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please suggest me the right way for:

I have a separate inventory plant 2001,when i create a production order in production plant-2002 then generate a reservation slip with 301 mov.type for required material & qty.

for example: i have 100 qty of RM1 in plant 2001.

In plant 2002 production component is RM1 & qty 10 then now i want to reserve this 10 qty for this 2002 plant and if i generate a new reservation for same material RM1 qty 100 for  next plant 2003 and when i go to transfer the stock for plant 2003 then system should not be allowed.

So please guide me,is it possible with any process/customization/settings/enhancement.

Thanks & Regards,

Vivek Bhojak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Basically conclusion is, if you have reservation slip of 10 (assuming you are doing the same in MB21) then system should not allow another reservation slip of 100 as total stock is 100.

If this is the case then go in OMCQ and set error against message M7 181. This will not allow you to create reservation slip itself as stock is less.

Let me know if it helped.

Regards

Rahul

former_member1362799
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for your reply.

My requirement is:

Suppose, i have unrestricted stock 100 qty. of  RM1 and location L1 in plant 2001.

Now,i create a reservation from MB21 of 10 qty. for plant 2002 with Mov. type 301 then stock will be shown like unre. 100 qty reserved 10.

Now this time,i create next reservation of 100 qty. for plant 2003 and stock will be Unre. 100 reserved 110.

In this case when i go to stock transfer for 2nd reservation qty.100  then system should give an error because of 10 qty. was already reserved and it should not allow more then 90.

so, in this case please suggest me what is the best way.

is there any possibility with any process/customization/enhancement?

BR,
Vivek

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Vivek,

THis is what I explained above. The only difference being why to do reservation of 110 when you have only 100. When system is already giving you an error that you can't reserve more why you want to do reserve 110?

Though you can put a check in badi MB_QUAN_CHECK_BADI if movement type is 301, check all open reservations and available stock and on the basis of the situation give message. If more reservation then stock is less or vice verse. It would be kind of generic check.

Let me know the same or try the above?

Regards

RAhul

former_member1362799
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I have maintained error message M7,181 in OMCQ.

this will work when i enter qty.grater than available qty.suppose i have 100 qty. and in reservation if i put 110 then will get error.

if 1st i create reservation of 10 stock is less than available stock and 2nd reservation creating of 100 then in 2nd res.will be saved.and reserved stock will show 110 qty.i have checked it.

please see the below screen shot:

Available stock:

After 1st reservation:

In 2nd reservation putting 100 so allowing because stock is 100.

So, system will allow for reservation of less than or equals to available stock.

when quantity will be exceed than available qty. then will pass that error.

BR,

Vivek

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Exactly, so 100 supply and 100 confirmed. On the other hand if you don't want to do this way check for the mentioned badi.

Let me know if it resolved your issue.

Regards

Rahul

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vivek,

As Pardhu already mentioned above under OVZ9 ATP configuration did you check with reservations check box?

BR
KK

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I got your point.You want system should restrict user when he plans to create a reservation for 10qty in 2003 plant ,which he was already got from 2001 for 2002 plant production and made reservation for 10 qty out of 100 in 2002 plant.

Kindly check the availability control parameters in SPRO-->IMG-->Material management-->Inventorymanagement&Physical inventory-->reservations-->set dyanmic availability chcek

Are using single step or two step method?

Regards,

Pardhu

former_member1362799
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pardhu,

I want to restrict to user in below condition:

suppose available stock is 100,1st user create a reservation of 10 qty. then it will reserve .now user create a 2nd reservation for 100 qty.then it should not allow because 10 is reserved out of 100.

i checked with this above checking rule but not got the expected result.

if anything is possible in standard then please suggest me.

BR,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vivek,

Your process flow is not entirely clear.

How are the reservations in 2001 created?  Are these created automatically during the creation of the production order in 2002, or are you using some type of additional step?  Are you using a Special Procurement key in 2002?

How does the material move from plant 2001 to 2002?

Does the material move from plant 2001 to 2003, in the same way as it does for plant 2002?  If so, how?

Best Regards,

DB49