cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subcontracting Scenario with Variant Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am hoping someone has come across this issue.  We are implementing a subcontracting scenario with Variant Configuration (VC).  I have already done the costing configuration in COPC and my sales order are calculating costs and I can see condition EK02 with the correct cost (component + service coming from PIR). 

When we create the purchase requisition and then purchase order I see the line for the service but when we run MIGO the system does the following posting:

Subcontracting Charges A/c     Dr     1000.00

GR/IR Clearing A/c          Cr     1000.00

Component Consumption A/c     Dr     4000.00

Component Stock A/c          Cr     4000.00

What I am expecting to see as well is the finish product coming into inventory and the following posting:

Assembly Stock A/c          Dr     5000.00

Change in Stock A/c          Cr     5000.00

Subcontracting Charges A/c     Dr     1000.00

GR/IR Clearing A/c          Cr     1000.00

Component Consumption A/c     Dr     4000.00

Component Stock A/c          Cr     4000.00

But because I do not have a standard cost in the material master we loose the cost.  We currently have the subcontracting process set up for non VC part numbers and it works correctly and we have VC with production orders and it works with out issues. 

Is there any configuration I need to do in COPC in order to calculate the cost in the PO and MIGO?  like I mentioned before I can see my condition EK02 correctly in the sales order.  Should the PO have a specific condition type that is relevant for VC that includes the component cost + service cost?

Thank you for your help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OwenLiu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

It's more like a logistic issue.

LO-VC.

BR,

Owen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Owen,

No it was on the costing option in the requirement class.  I had set up the Costing ID as to cost but when I changed the Cost and Mark then the cost started to flow to MIGO.

Hope this helps.

Answers (0)