cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to regenerate the web service to update the newly added field in RFC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Actually I am working on adobe interactive forms. In one of my requirement I want to display the multiple field values based on plant(Manually enter).

For this requirement I created RFC Function module, from this function module I created web service and configured in SOAMANAGER transaction.

Now I added one new field (Employee name) in the RFC Function module but it is not updated in the web service.

Please let me know how to update the new field in web service means how to regenerate the web service to get the new filed?

Please help me and any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ravi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

I know this is very old but it is still one of the top google result on this. The way to regenerate your web service after a new field is added to your function module is as follows:

* tcode se80 > repository information system
* Enterprise Services > Service Definitions
* search for the FM/Service name and do a check. This will trigger SAP to add new fields

mervyin_duddy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks so much, John, very useful information!

botond_lakatos
Explorer
0 Kudos

Since the service defintion represents an abstraction of the underlying function module, the best way is really to delete it and create a new service definition object.

If you are looking for alternative ways you can try to run the report WEBI_CHECK_REPAIR described in note 1847901. However there is no guarantee that the settings of the newly generated service definition will match the old one. It might happen that the object is regenerated with the default settings instead of the original settings if those cannot be retrieved any more.

When the service definition changes, the runtime configurations (bindings) need to be updated as well. The transaction WSUPDATECHECK serves this purpose, note 1614334, or the DT-RT change management mechanism can be actived depending on the sapbasis release version.

Hvshal4u
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravikiran,

You can not update the webservice, the only option is to delete the old one & regenerate the webservice

Regards-

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Thanks for your reply.

Regenerating the web service means again I want to creating the web service from RFC Function module.

Please let me know the solution without creating the new web service from function module.

Thanks,

Ravi.

Hvshal4u
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravikiran ,

I am not sure but you can try the below steps :

SE80-->Package-->Enterprise Services-->Service Definitions-->Double Click  webservice-->Make Edit mode-->Activate.

I hope this will solve your issue.

Regards-

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Already I did the above procedure what ever you told but it is not working.

Thanks,

Ravi.